• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Jewellery on Men?

Options Options Options.

• Total voters

DTS

The Business
I got the train this morning to work as always but I missed my usual train so had to change at Croydon. Not sure how well you know Croydon but I would describe it as one of Britains worst toliets. The land that time forgot almost.

Anyway - crammed onto one of the packed commuter trains and of we go. Standing room only as we have come to expect. All the sudden I noticed I was in fact rammed next to a cheeky brunette. Gave her a cheeky smile and she smiled back etc etc.

At the same time I noticed some horrible looking croydon doppo in a cheapo looking suit and matching shirt and tie. He too was giving her the eye. God knows why as soon as I ploughed in there there was only going to be one winner.;)

What shocked me most other than his general apperance was the amount of jewellery this yob had one. I counted a chain, four rings (none wedding), a braclet and a sort of bangel thing.

Now personally I am of the school of thought that the only jewellery I will wear is a wedding ring. Other than that its a bit of a no-no for me.

So my question is what do other zones wear. This should if I set it up be multiple choice. For sake of arguement a watch is NOT jewellery.

Now personally I am of the school of thought that the only jewellery I will wear is a wedding ring. Other than that its a bit of a no-no for me.

Spot on Dave and even the wedding ring feels odd. I've been wearing mine for just over four weeks now and I'm still not that comfortable.

I don't even wear a watch, so any sort of additional accoutrement just doesn't feel right to me.

What about medals and other military decorations?

People such as Prince Phillip, Prince Charles and Michael Jackson have earned the right to wear them without people saying the look like t!ts.

Wedding ring is about it, although my son wears a silly bracelet so somebody could tick that for me as 'shrimpled' is only allowed to vote once.

Wedding Ring and a ring I got as a 21st present (currently being resized see "split ring thread)
I used to wear a siver St Christopher and a scull and Crossbones (which was part of a charm bracelet my mum got when she got engaged (her cycling club was the Buccaneers) but I stopped wearing them as they irattled around too much when I ran.
I also had used to wear a short chain (silver again) with an axe on it, I used to be the only one at parties who could undo his top shirt button and get his chopper out .
Never really been a fan of gold , except for rings. I occassionally wear the odd bangle-type wrist accessory, but they ar generally leather or pewter.

Did anyone else , who was a teenager in the 70's , wear loads of those cheap bangles ? I recall having about 10 on and I had a mate who had a whole bloody armfull (Chemico may remember Brian.....)

Ive got a ring that i got for my 18th, a union jack watch that i got for my 21st that matches my scooter and a couple of earings.

My mate had a bet with one of the boys once and lost, a man of his word though and il give him his dew he went ahead and done it. He went and got a prince albert. Classic seeing him afterwards chasing him up town he was running like a penguin.

Id never get that done i cant think of anything worse

Wedding Ring and a ring... a siver St Christopher... a scull and Crossbones... a charm bracelet... rattled around too much when I ran... I also had... a short chain (silver again) with an axe on it... occassionally wear the odd bangle-type wrist accessory... loads of those cheap bangles ? I recall having about 10 on...

Rumour has it that Firestorm and Mr T were inseperable...

:angel:

DtS, why exactly were you eyeing this bloke up and checking whether he had a wedding ring?

DtS, why exactly were you eyeing this bloke up and checking whether he had a wedding ring?

We were both checking out the same bird so I wanted to see what the competiton was.

As she got off she said "Have a god day to me" and nothing to him so I am guessing that is a result.

:)

Wedding Ring and a ring I got as a 21st present (currently being resized see "split ring thread)
I used to wear a siver St Christopher and a scull and Crossbones (which was part of a charm bracelet my mum got when she got engaged (her cycling club was the Buccaneers) but I stopped wearing them as they irattled around too much when I ran.
I also had used to wear a short chain (silver again) with an axe on it, I used to be the only one at parties who could undo his top shirt button and get his chopper out .
Never really been a fan of gold , except for rings. I occassionally wear the odd bangle-type wrist accessory, but they ar generally leather or pewter.

Did anyone else , who was a teenager in the 70's , wear loads of those cheap bangles ? I recall having about 10 on and I had a mate who had a whole bloody armfull (Chemico may remember Brian.....)

I also got a ring for my 21st which I wore until I got married. Now that I am married I kind of still wear it - I had it melted down and turned into a wedding ring. There were two reasons for this. The first is because it was bought for me by my grandparents who are nolonger with us, so it means that they effectively bought my wedding ring. The other reason (which in this context is more important) is because I couldn't bear the idea of wearing two rings, and didn't like the idea of a ring my grandparents bought me languishing in the back of some drawer for the rest of my life, the perfect solution therefore was to melt it down...

Back