• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Jimmy Calderwood and the back room staff quit Aberdeen

Aberdeen Shrimper

The Man who sold the world
Jimmy Calderwood, assistants Jimmy Nicholl and Sandy Clarke are have decided to part company with Aberdeen by mutual consent after 5 years in charge, even though His side's 2-1 win over Hibernian today secured entry for next year's Europa League

Last edited:
Is he not going back to the Dutch Eredivisie?

I was surprised Strachan didn't resign straight after the Parkhead shambles yesterday!

Is he not going back to the Dutch Eredivisie?

I was surprised Strachan didn't resign straight after the Parkhead shambles yesterday!

He must have read your post Rich.

Walter Smith to go tomorrow or Wednesday???.........I predict at least another 2 SPL/lower Leagues
manager casualties by the weekend

Last edited:
1/2 of 5 managers IMO

Candidates are....

Csaba László

Mixu Paatelainen

Craig Levein

Jocky Scott

Walter Smith

I would have thought Strachan to Sunderland but BBCs gossip page bit said Sunderland had drawn up a shortlist and he's not on it. Maybe he just wants a break?

I would have thought Strachan to Sunderland but BBCs gossip page bit said Sunderland had drawn up a shortlist and he's not on it. Maybe he just wants a break?

If he is out of the running then the smart money has to be on Bruce! But I still see him taking over

Arguably though going from the Championship to a SPL team outside the Old Firm could be seen as almost a step down. Now I'm not doubting the size of Aberdeen compared to Peterborough or discounting the fact they will be in Europe next season. However arguably he could be working with better players at Peterborough than he would be in Aberdeen.

Arguably though going from the Championship to a SPL team outside the Old Firm could be seen as almost a step down. Now I'm not doubting the size of Aberdeen compared to Peterborough or discounting the fact they will be in Europe next season. However arguably he could be working with better players at Peterborough than he would be in Aberdeen.

Aberdeen are a bigger club but the "Job" is not as big as the Posh job IMO

Aberdeen used to be a big club who used to compete for titles, league and scottish cups and even Europe. Now though they are the equivalent of a League One team, and the lower echelons of that!!

Aberdeen used to be a big club who used to compete for titles, league and scottish cups and even Europe. Now though they are the equivalent of a League One team, and the lower echelons of that!!

Like Norwich you mean :D

Welcome to the board fella!

Like Norwich you mean :D

Welcome to the board fella!

I wish we competed for titles, cups and Europe. Apart from Bayern there has been little glory for us Canaries!! I think we will go straight back up, maybe as runners up or play-offs!!

Looking forward to the Carlisle game, closest one to me!!

I wish we competed for titles, cups and Europe. Apart from Bayern there has been little glory for us Canaries!! I think we will go straight back up, maybe as runners up or play-offs!!

Looking forward to the Carlisle game, closest one to me!!

The only team to beat Bayern at their old stadium as well I think mate??

Back