• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Jimmy Carr's comercial breakdown

JoshC

Members
Yesterday completely by chance I got front row seats to see Jimmy Carr's commercial breakdown being filmed. My brother phoned me up during college asking if I wanted to go with him and a mate because he had been let down by someone, so I left college got home changed and went up to London towards Teddington Studios. The actual programme wasn't hilariously funny but it was good still, the best part was in between takes and whilst the camaras were setting up Jimmy Carr was brilliant, his abuse of a woman from Kent made me nearly **** myself laughing. Got a photo taken with him after the show too (below). All we had to pay for was the travel and food obviously but it was a great night and getting home a 2 means no college for me. I would recommend it to anyone. Has anyone esle ever done a television audience thing?

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=2433537&id=564020611&op=1&view=all&subj=544603637

Yesterday completely by chance I got front row seats to see Jimmy Carr's commercial breakdown being filmed. My brother phoned me up during college asking if I wanted to go with him and a mate because he had been let down by someone, so I left college got home changed and went up to London towards Teddington Studios. The actual programme wasn't hilariously funny but it was good still, the best part was in between takes and whilst the camaras were setting up Jimmy Carr was brilliant, his abuse of a woman from Kent made me nearly **** myself laughing. Got a photo taken with him after the show too (below). All we had to pay for was the travel and food obviously but it was a great night and getting home a 2 means no college for me. I would recommend it to anyone. Has anyone esle ever done a television audience thing?

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=2433537&id=564020611&op=1&view=all&subj=544603637

me and Barry Harris saw Jonathan Ross being filmed once. Bill Bailey was on and the stuff that wasn't filmed was much better than the stuff which was. Jodie Kidd was dull, Clive Owen was monotonous. JR was very smooth. Studio was tiny. Oh and The Streets performed, and Barry moaned about the music, not knowing Mike Skinner's Mum was sitting in front of us.

:D

I watched a celebrity chef cooking on location at Mersea Island for a series called 'Coastal Kitchen' (Which also visited Canvey and Leigh).

My drunken heckling didn't make it to the small screen unfortunately.

Myself and Mrs BB went to see A Question of Sport being filmed. Ended up in the front row, and could be seen all throughout the show whenever they focused on Ally's team.

Looking to go to see Al Murray as well, but have left it a bit late for this series.

I was in the audience of Trisha once after a few beers on a 6th form trip. Got up and said my bit which made it on to the show.
Also went to see Big Break being filmed on another Media Studies trip. Total toilet...

I haven't been to see a show filmed live but would like to. My partner did - she went to see Harry Hill's TV Burp, front row. Said that stuff between takes was much funnier than anything on the show, and he gave her his script at the end of the show, which had all his notes in it, which I thought was pretty cool.

Would love to go and see Bill Bailey, and definitely Lee Evans, who just cracks me up. I don't find Al Murray that funny though!

I haven't been to see a show filmed live but would like to. My partner did - she went to see Harry Hill's TV Burp, front row. Said that stuff between takes was much funnier than anything on the show, and he gave her his script at the end of the show, which had all his notes in it, which I thought was pretty cool.

Would love to go and see Bill Bailey, and definitely Lee Evans, who just cracks me up. I don't find Al Murray that funny though!
Al Murray is a genious, the pub landlor is a brilliant charactor, would love to see one of his shows next. Saw some of the set from TV burp as it is filmed in Teddington too, might try for that aswell.

Watched Des and Mel live from some studio near the London Eye..Warm up guy picked me out of the audience cos he said I looked like the x factor winner Steve Brookstein??

Also, I was on the lottery show a few years ago when they did lucky numbers...My number came up in rehersals, but would on the live air show...would it heck!!

Have seen a few, including years ago some sitcom with Arthur Lowe in (can't remember what it was, but a good while after Dads Army). As mentioned before, did SM:tv absolutely loads of times. As chaperones you got to go in the studio for rehearsals and then watch the live show or sit and hob nob with the guests in the coffee lounge whichever you preferred.

Met and chatted with Ant, Dec, Cat, Brian Dowling, Tess Daly, Stephen Mulhearn, 5ive, Steps, S Club, Kylie, Blue, Ivory and Hurricane from WWE, Emma Bunton, Hearsay, Louise and Jamie Redknapp, Westlife, Ronan Keating, David Seaman, Robbie Williams, Will Young, Gareth Gates, N Sync, Ricky Tomlinson, Eamonn Holmes and loads more far too many to mention. Have loads of souvenirs including a couple of Wonkey Donkeys. Apart from the 3 main presenters, the nicest ones out of that lot were Gareth (way, way after Pop Idol and having lost the stutter), Ronan, Louise, Duncan from Blue, Mark and Kian from Westlife, Ricky Tomlinson and Kylie who was incredibly gracious. Will Young was always the consumate professional though, his sound checks were every bit as good as his performances and he always sang completely live. Happy Days!

Met and chatted with Ant, Dec, Cat, Brian Dowling, Tess Daly, Stephen Mulhearn, 5ive, Steps, S Club, Kylie, Blue, Ivory and Hurricane from WWE, Emma Bunton, Hearsay, Louise and Jamie Redknapp, Westlife, Ronan Keating, David Seaman, Robbie Williams, Will Young, Gareth Gates, N Sync, Ricky Tomlinson, Eamonn Holmes and loads more far too many to mention. Have loads of souvenirs including a couple of Wonkey Donkeys. Apart from the 3 main presenters, the nicest ones out of that lot were Gareth (way, way after Pop Idol and having lost the stutter), Ronan, Louise, Duncan from Blue, Mark and Kian from Westlife, Ricky Tomlinson and Kylie who was incredibly gracious. Will Young was always the consumate professional though, his sound checks were every bit as good as his performances and he always sang completely live. Happy Days!

This is like a green light to Cricko applying to go on Basil Brush's Swap Shop...

Have seen a few, including years ago some sitcom with Arthur Lowe in (can't remember what it was, but a good while after Dads Army). As mentioned before, did SM:tv absolutely loads of times. As chaperones you got to go in the studio for rehearsals and then watch the live show or sit and hob nob with the guests in the coffee lounge whichever you preferred.

It was called 'Potter' and he played a grumpy and cantankerous retired old boy....was quality viewing!!

Al Murray is a genious, the pub landlor is a brilliant charactor, would love to see one of his shows next. Saw some of the set from TV burp as it is filmed in Teddington too, might try for that aswell.
The parents keep pestering me to go with them to see Al Murray, we have 6 tickets for the 15th of March recording I think it is. I find him very funny, it's just whether I trust to go with them as I'm sure my mum wants to sit front row..

Wow.......
You have wonky donkeys !!!

It was called 'Potter' and he played a grumpy and cantankerous retired old boy....was quality viewing!!

Yes, that's it. I've got a feeling he only made a few of them because he died quite soon after starting it. Wasn't the character's first name Redfus or something like that?

This is like a green light to Cricko applying to go on Basil Brush's Swap Shop...

You probably just need to arrange some kids to take - worth a try, for anyone who is keen to rub shoulders with some celebs! Trouble is, you never knew who was going to be on till a couple of days beforehand.

And for those wondering, when the kid lost on Challenge Ant, they did, honestly, only get the signed hanky - never the PS2 or DVD player or whatever. I know this for definite, because that's what my son got because Ant got his Killer Question right! It is signed by all three of them and nicely framed alongside a signed photo of the boys. He did get a kiss and a hug from Cat Deeley as well though!

Back