• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Jimmy Corbett

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Napster @ Feb. 11 2005,13:33)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Guest @ Feb. 11 2005,13:29)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Napster @ Feb. 11 2005,13:18)]It's the Harry Barris curse. Harry never called him after meeting with him in Chameleons last year and it's all gone wrong ever since.

sad.gif

biggrin.gif
You even name drop for others now....
biggrin.gif
Thank you Smudger. When was the last game you watched?
Erm....it was the nil-nil at home to Mansfield over Xmas, although I'll be there tonight. Thanks for the interest.

I cannot be sure just what makes a player a personal favourite, but Jim Corbett is one of mine, Jay Smith is another.

Both seem committed, both appear to have real talent and I enjoy watching them play.

I really hope they are both with us in League 1 next year

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Guest @ Feb. 11 2005,13:44)]
[b said:
[b said:
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Napster @ Feb. 11 2005,13:18)]It's the Harry Barris curse. Harry never called him after meeting with him in Chameleons last year and it's all gone wrong ever since.

sad.gif

biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
Erm....it was the nil-nil at home to Mansfield over Xmas, although I'll be there tonight. Thanks for the interest.
Good- haven't seen you around for a while, that's all. Worried you were turning into a part-timer.

tounge.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (wiggy @ Feb. 11 2005,13:26)]Jay Smith cannot possibly be  compared to Corbett. Jay was absolute quality when fit and i would go as far as to say we would be top 2 if he had been available this year. His probing passes behind the defence would have set this years strikers alight.He must be given every chance of staying with us as he is a massive asset on the field and possible future transfer fees. The other bloke has ability but his injuries just do not justify keeping him!
All i was saying was that if Jay Smith doesn't make it back in the next year then he is no good to us , quality or not ,sitting in the treatment room doesn't win us games i'm afraid.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Napster @ Feb. 11 2005,13:53)]
[b said:
[b said:
[b said:
[b said:

sad.gif

biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
Good- haven't seen you around for a while, that's all. Worried you were turning into a part-timer.

tounge.gif
I probably give part-timers a bad name these days in terms of attendance, but Blues World makes you feel like you're still involved (even if that sounds deluded!) Really looking forward to tonight now - just hope the boys can make the journey (and M25 rush hour traffic) seem worth it.

To keep "on thread" I would also be sad to see Corbett and Jay go, but I think it could be inevitable given the fact that we just can't afford to carry sicknotes. With our tiny squad a player's average games per season is just as important as their level of skill. It's a shame though, as both Corbett and Smith have that bit of class in common and as already mentioned, neither would struggle with the demands of League One.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Napster @ Feb. 11 2005,11:31)]He genuinely wants to play football for Southend, so if he makes the squad and team he will give 100%, I can guarantee that.
You're personally guaranteeing it? Fair enough - and I trust you'll make good on your guarantee if it doesn't come off by keeping me in beer for the next year, let's say...

tounge.gif

[b said:
[b said:
[b said:
[b said:

sad.gif

biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
Hmmm, a likely story - we lost 1-0 Mansfield.

I am however under no doubt that you will be making an appearance tonight, if only in order to sign Drewe's leaving card.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Hong Kong Blue @ Feb. 11 2005,14:28)]
[b said:
[b said:
[b said:
[b said:

sad.gif

biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
Hmmm, a likely story - we lost 1-0 Mansfield.

I am however under no doubt that you will be making an appearance tonight, if only in order to sign Drewe's leaving card.
How did I forget that?! Possibly because it was a very dull and disappointing game that I had dragged my extended family along to with a load of sales talk about Eastwood being the next Pele! Must have rose-tinted the scoreline too?

Now Drewe is going it seems unfair to slate him when he always tried his best, I just doubted that even his very best, best day was good enough for us if we wanted to get promotion and compete every week in tight games where chances would be few and far between. Yes, he scored THAT goal, but he also missed some crucial sitters too. I still wish him all the best wherever he goes and wish him well - you can't knock him for being a bloody good trier.

I would like to see jimmy come back but hes going to have to do a lot of work. I also remember he's goal at Scunny.
cool.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (southend_utd_fan @ Feb. 11 2005,15:00)]I would like to see jimmy come back but hes going to have to do a lot of work. I also remember he's goal at Scunny.
cool.gif
...or his pen at Col U!

cool.gif
cool.gif

So on the playing side, he aint done much wrong.

laugh.gif

For the record, he's a very talented player and i feel more sorry for him than Jay Smith as Smith seems more sure of a future at the club.

Good luck to JC and i hope he does stay on a month-to-month over pre-season. If i remember, he missed some of pre-season and fell behind. Perhaps a special schedule could be set out for him and see how he does in July/August in the matches ...

cool.gif

Back