• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

manor15

Super Moderator⭐⭐
Staff member
Ex-Reading winger Jimmy Kebe has joined on trial.

Hasn't played since a loan spell at Leeds in March 2014 and was released by Crystal Palace in 2015.

:facepalm:

Now there's a name I would've never guessed.

Kevin Nolan is still a free agent after being sacked by Orient. Does anyone think he's worth a punt if he is?

He could add a much needed grit in midfield.

Our squad is pretty large - and I am wondering how our playing budget can afford extra players?

Injuries permitting, we could field the following Team (have I missed anyone?) from those that didn't start against Bradford which isn't reliant on U-21 players and isn't a bad team at all:

Smith

White Inniss Barrett Kyprianou

O'Neil King Timlin McGlashan

Mooney Fortune

Subs:

Sokolik
Bridge
Williams

For me this suggests that RM has been pretty supportive of PB in the transfer market.

Whilst we would all like to have extra players, I am not sure that we need or more importantly can afford any, until some existing players move out.

Former Reading winger Kebe on trial with Blues

FORMER Reading winger Jimmy Kebe is on trial at Southend United.

More...

According to the Echo......

Our collection of old players on the way down looks like it may be about to increase.

According to the Echo......

Our collection of old players on the way down looks like it may be about to increase.

Just out of interest , who do you put in this bracket ?

I can think of 2, being AB and Fortune . The former is a club hero ( though I'm pleased he isn't starting at the moment ) and Fortune has so far proved that he has a lot to offer.

I'm hoping you're not including Cox, as at 29, I wish I was that "old" !

I'm just interested for the perception of old ?

Just out of interest , who do you put in this bracket ?

I can think of 2, being AB and Fortune . The former is a club hero ( though I'm pleased he isn't starting at the moment ) and Fortune has so far proved that he has a lot to offer.

I'm hoping you're not including Cox, as at 29, I wish I was that "old" !

I'm just interested for the perception of old ?

Fortune and Cox have done very little to warrant your enthusiasm .

No doubt you were happy when we signed the other vets down the year's.

If we can assemble a Prem/Championship attacking force for a few months we might score 4 or 5 every game to counter the 3 or 4 we have conceded.

If we dont concede 3 or 4 our goal difference will be dynamic. Makes sense to me --- but then what do I know. :smile:

Fortune and Cox have done very little to warrant your enthusiasm .

No doubt you were happy when we signed the other vets down the year's.

Honest question - have you seen either of them play for us ?

If you have , fine you're entitled to your opinion.

If you haven't , you would have clearly missed that both have held up play and linked others from midfield , which has made us much more of a threat.
It isn't simply playing two up and the number of goals someone scores

Jimmy Kebe? Must say I know very little about him other than he's a right side winger? According to PB he destroyed his Preston team in a league game, which impressed PB, but that was circa 2011. Not sure about this TBH.

Is our scouting team still using an 08/09 version of Football Manager? Someone should tell them that a new one comes out every year.

Back