• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Anyway back to the topic ,if Mr Kebe can add depth to the squad and not command ,( demand ) to higher wage then im all for it ,anyplayer that can strengthen the squad is welcome in my view as long as hes not overpaid.

1800 plus 1000 = 2800 so please tell me who is getting the other 5200 to make up the 8000 a week they are getting between them.Im sure my maths is correct and you did state 8000 a week.:unsure:

Cox is on 5k...Fortune wanted 4K but accepted 3k so I'm led to believe !

Even Phil told the press Fortune wanted big money to sign here,Cox ain't dropping down a division unless his wage warrants the demotion.

Makes me chuckle when some on here all think these type of players earn moderate salaries ,they are the highest paid at this club by a country mile.

Cox is on 5k...Fortune wanted 4K but accepted 3k so I'm led to believe !

Even Phil told the press Fortune wanted big money to sign here,Cox ain't dropping down a division unless his wage warrants the demotion.

Makes me chuckle when some on here all think these type of players earn moderate salaries ,they are the highest paid at this club by a country mile.
Weren't you saying that about Anton Ferdinand last week?

mrsblue;[URL="tel:1909814" said:
1909814[/URL]]Seen Cox play three times this season,he never impressed me at all and appears a tad top heavy IMO ,Fortune not seen play.

Both have never been prolific by any stretch in fact their scoring records are average,but happy to be proved wrong.

As I understand the £8000 plus outlay per week is pretty mental.

im with you on Cox, think we can do better.... lazy and overrated..... should be running on to the Ranger knock ons...all the time he does not.... long ball, Ranger wins the header....Cox not getting it...

im with you on Cox, think we can do better.... lazy and overrated..... should be running on to the Ranger knock ons...all the time he does not.... long ball, Ranger wins the header....Cox not getting it...

Can only assume you havn't been watching him for he last 3 games, especially away at Bradford, where his movement was exceptional, pulling defenders all over the place, and tracking back when needed. Ran himself into the ground that night, and an understanding with Ranger was building.

You are a troll who has posted under different names so your opinion does not count

We don't seemed to have heard much more.

With mcglashan and mclaughlin both playing well do we need another player in that position.

I hope it is a good signing. Who knows?
I am a PB supporter but I do worry that he is so "Old Skool" he only seems to look at those who have certainly been in a better position.
No up and coming players? Ever.

That could have been the case earlier on in the season when all those high balls were being lumped up to him, or crosses were coming in hoping he would out jump much taller defenders. You could clearly see he was getting very frustrated. The tactics couldn't have been more unsuitable for him. Now it's different. With Wordsworth on fire the ball is being played through the middle more on the ground. Having Ranger as a partner will bring out the best in him. I always had faith in him as I've seen that he's the best striker of the ball at training in many years watching, scoring for fun in and around the box. He's also a very intelligent striker with his runs and passes. The last three games he has been rated as one of the best 3 players in the match. Stay with him, the best is yet to come.

THE SEVENTIES NORTH BANK;[URL="tel:1910467" said:
1910467[/URL]]That could have been the case earlier on in the season when all those high balls were being lumped up to him, or crosses were coming in hoping he would out jump much taller defenders. You could clearly see he was getting very frustrated. The tactics couldn't have been more unsuitable for him. Now it's different. With Wordsworth on fire the ball is being played through the middle more on the ground. Having Ranger as a partner will bring out the best in him. I always had faith in him as I've seen that he's the best striker of the ball at training in many years watching, scoring for fun in and around the box. He's also a very intelligent striker with his runs and passes. The last three games he has been rated as one of the best 3 players in the match. Stay with him, the best is yet to come.

Yes I can see he has a great touch, and does pass the ball around very well, I agree he looked good at B&L and well, just would have liked to see him predict Rangers knock down, as he was winning every header.

I think Kebe would be a good addition. It's hard to achieve things with just two wingers, particularly if you play a 4-4-2 formation. It only takes one player to be off of his game, then who do you turn to? You need an additional option to replace said winger, to improve the side. Additionally, competition for places is a good thing.

Clueless! since him and Ranger have been paired they have worked well together and individually. Cox on Saturday ran himself into the ground, he looks fitter and sharper now.

Back