• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

If you combined the (all be it modest) ability he had with the attitude of a Joe Jordan then he would have a shot at championship level. Unfortunately he was to "nice" and managed to look lazy (probably a lot lazier than he actually was- another unfortunate attribute).

Should be playing L1/L2 at least but shows you if one element is awry how it can go wrong.

I guess you can be forced into a career by a pushy parent or think you'll just do it "for a while"....then you get stuck in the trap of earning money. Here I am, still on the Railway nearly 30 years after I wanted to jack it in after the first week. :smile:

Other way, I think, with Joe. Have a feeling his dad was quite well off and it was almost more of a hobby for him.

Joe reminded me of that lad we got in the Barnard to Southampton deal - the one who got paid too much and got frozen out by PS.
Similar in that they don't seem to be busting a gut to secure a regular place or aspiration push for betterment.

Joe reminded me of that lad we got in the Barnard to Southampton deal - the one who got paid too much and got frozen out by PS.
Similar in that they don't seem to be busting a gut to secure a regular place or aspiration push for betterment.

Matt Paterson?

Yes, that was the lad; what happened to him? he was supposed to be a "coming" star.
Scored 18 in 43 as he helped Lee Bradbury's Havant and Waterlooville to win the Isthmian League Premier Division and get promoted back to the National League South.

A shame for me...I thought he deff had ability and physique...What a sad waste...Thanks for THAT goal Joe

Yes, a business associate knows Joe's family and they are very well off. Not that this should be an excuse not succeed on your own merit.

After the Wembley Final, not that long after the crowds had dispersed I saw Joe in the car park. He was the first player to leave and he got on a private mini bus full of his friends and family to go home. He didn't go out partying with the other players to celebrate. Seems like he was rather detached from the rest of them, although agree he was a nice and quiet lad. But you have to be part of the team on and off the pitch.

After the Wembley Final, not that long after the crowds had dispersed I saw Joe in the car park. He was the first player to leave and he got on a private mini bus full of his friends and family to go home. He didn't go out partying with the other players to celebrate. Seems like he was rather detached from the rest of them, although agree he was a nice and quiet lad. But you have to be part of the team on and off the pitch.

You only have to read Timlins comments in the Wembley programme to know what the other players thought about Joe.

Good lord he was ***** weren't he

I know that was the general consensus, he did have a couple of good games - I think two goals in a cup game against Barnet in particular? Again, a really nice lad. Do feel a bit sorry for them sometimes!

I know that was the general consensus, he did have a couple of good games - I think two goals in a cup game against Barnet in particular? Again, a really nice lad. Do feel a bit sorry for them sometimes!

One swallow doesn't make a summer. It's been no shock to me that every time he's moved club he's gone further down the ladder

Maidstone have signed him up for the 2017/18 season. The club website doesn't state whether it's a permanent signing or a season long loan.

http://www.maidstoneunited.co.uk/2017/05/home-is-where-the-heart-is-for-pigott/

http://www.kentonline.co.uk/maidstone/sport/stones-sign-pigott-126495/

He had Football League offers apparently. It's permanent, albeit only for one season. It's a good play, his plan is surely play games, score goals and be faced with better offers next season and walk on a free. The worst case scenario, he signs for another year. Sound about right?

Like Freddy Eastwood he needs to find his Grays to rediscover the joy of football.

He was a boyhood Charlton fan and I actually find it admirable that playing for another club just doesn't motivate him (his first loan spell with us he was playing to win a place in the Charlton first team). It's just a shame we couldn't have become his club, especially after that goal:pig::pig::pig::pig:

Said it before about this kid but he needs to give himself a shake and really decide now if football is even for him.

Was so hellbent on getting a place at Charlton and since being released each move has been lower down the ladder. Give it a few years and I bet you don't hear of him.

Back