• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

i think because he doesn't do too much spectacular he shines more in this league than the one below.
i've always liked John White but this season i've come to really get what he does.
i think you notice him more when he's not there. Luke O'Neill looks a fine prospect and hasn't played badly this season but he can have no complaints about being second in line to John White

does need to calm down round referees though

My choice is that he was upfield on the right as we were attacking and a 50 yard hoof from their left back meant Bolger and Prosser , who were giving White cover, were outsprinted by their forward and Bentley came to challenge.

Please don't let your personal dislike of John White extend to several threads.[/QUOTE]
This comment could also be aimed in reverse at those who have a personal like for John White too.

Very good player- luckily the one person who matters knows exactly what he brings, picks him and made him captain.
The rest is hot air.

I personally feel that his performances had dropped below his usually high level, but having O'Neil breathing down his neck has made him refocus. This has been reflected in his performances.

That said the team as a whole are playing very very well

When we first came up I thought he looked a little bit out of his depth, and nervous, especially in the first couple of games. But I'm happy to admit I was a bit premature in writing him off after only a few appearances, and he has since come on in leaps and bounds. He has been very good the last couple of times I've seen him play, and was definitely man of the match yesterday. I don't know if it was just a bit of time needed to adjust to L1, or the competition that is bringing the best out of him, but long may it continue.

Unfortunately, "Shrimper Moan" berates most players without exception (well possibly Adam, who sits on God's right hand on this site):Worthy:

You have to understand that unless;
We win 4-0 every game, Strikers must score regularly, Defenders clear up efficiently (no penalties), Midfielders run their arses off (it is respected when they get booked, occasionally sent off),The keeper must sign a new 2 year deal, the Manager comply with all views on this site......then someone will find something to moan about....universal team praise is not given out lightly on this forum....you have been warned :omg:

My choice is that he was upfield on the right as we were attacking and a 50 yard hoof from their left back meant Bolger and Prosser , who were giving White cover, were outsprinted by their forward and Bentley came to challenge.

Please don't let your personal dislike of John White extend to several threads.

Nail on head

Unfortunately, "Shrimper Moan" berates most players without exception (well possibly Adam, who sits on God's right hand on this site):Worthy:

You have to understand that unless;
We win 4-0 every game, Strikers must score regularly, Defenders clear up efficiently (no penalties), Midfielders run their arses off (it is respected when they get booked, occasionally sent off),The keeper must sign a new 2 year deal, the Manager comply with all views on this site......then someone will find something to moan about....universal team praise is not given out lightly on this forum....you have been warned :omg:

Its not the forum thats like that, its supporters in general.

Its not like its all roses at the stadium and most people there wont post here.

As mentioned above, his first few games this were below par. That could be said for most of the team though. Especially at Fleetwood where he got ripped apart by their left winger, and suffered the same fate against Brighton. Which can be forgiven as Lua Lua has done this to many championship full backs before and after him. When O'Neill came in against Millwall, he was superb and I saw it as being difficult for John getting back in the team. After the Millwall game however, O'Neill showed many defensive frailties, especially in the air. Since White came back in he has been fantastic. Last week against Vale and this week against Barnsley he was superb and has definitely raised his level to one that I didn't think he possessed. I think he does get forward, when possible, and did so many times when he had space to. It is difficult for him and Coker at times though to get forward, as with the system we are playing with one winger switching sides, sometimes they have to look inside. Out of the two Coker will naturally look for a one-two or overlap, where John likes to look inside for a pass. They are two different players, but do give us a nice balance in the back four.

Back