• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

John White also got booked for mouthing off at the ref. What a hero. He is the Captain and should lead by example, having some composure when complaining about the penalty decision, not ranting off

Did i say that wasnt stupid? I think you missed the point I was saying that Deegan would be a far worse example to lead though.

You're entitled to your opinion, we saw it differently. I certainly disagree that he was our worst defender today, that title, however hard it is to say or hear, belongs to one Adam Barrett!

White and Coker both suffered from having no outlet on the wing ahead of them. It put them both under pressure until Worrall came on and at least offered something.

Which is why you are so rose tinted when it comes to White. White is the new McCormack. You never see fault with White, it's always someone else's fault. As Dan said, White was miles out and was no way close enough for Bentley to come for it. The pass back was far too heavy.

Which is why you are so rose tinted when it comes to White. White is the new McCormack. You never see fault with White, it's always someone else's fault. As Dan said, White was miles out and was no way close enough for Bentley to come for it. The pass back was far too heavy.

Oh go away! I just don't like to see committed and dedicated players being scapegoated when others are more deserving!

Committed doesn't disguise a mistake. White made a mistake today but you are blind to it

So let's start a thread about every player that makes a mistake, eh? And scrutinise every aspect of their play? That won't happen, because it's all too easy to start one about John every time because he doesn't fit into the mould that people expect of a captain, and for some he's either a) not Sean Clohessy or B) is ex Col U!

I didn't see a thread about Ben Coker being absolutely crap last week, he's far more deserving of criticism than White is at this moment in time!

So let's start a thread about every player that makes a mistake, eh? And scrutinise every aspect of their play? That won't happen, because it's all too easy to start one about John every time because he doesn't fit into the mould that people expect of a captain, and for some he's either a) not Sean Clohessy or B) is ex Col U!

I didn't see a thread about Ben Coker being absolutely crap last week, he's far more deserving of criticism than White is at this moment in time!

Isn't Coker playing through a knock at the moment?

Isn't Coker playing through a knock at the moment?
If that's the case, why hasn't either Prosser been played at LB, or White switched and O'Neill put in at RB? He's either fit or he's not, and if he's not then there are alternatives.

If that's the case, why hasn't either Prosser been played at LB, or White switched and O'Neill put in at RB? He's either fit or he's not, and if he's not then there are alternatives.

Maybe a half-fit Coker is better than those other options? Or at least judged to be by Brown.

The guy lead us to promotion and to the cusp of the play off spots. The last 2 defeats have nothing to do with our choice of captain but more with the whole team dropping a level or two. Maybe this virtually same lineup for the last 6 weeks are knackered or have just got complacent, who knows. I admit that he's a less conventional captain that Timlin or Barrett eg but who's to say whether we'd have been doing so well over the last couple of years with either of them wearing the armband instead. Just a dodgy run of form, hopefully no need to panic yet, if we win our next game we'll still be level with 6th. Could be a lot worse!

Maybe a half-fit Coker is better than those other options? Or at least judged to be by Brown.

Possibly, I take that as a slap in the face to Prosser though and fully expect him to be out on loan Monday. The guy has been solid, dependable and brave as hell, just because he doesn't have Coker's natural flair of running down the wing, doesn't mean he should be kept out. Maybe we could do with solid, dependable defenders at the moment! They might be predictable but at least you know where you are with them!

You're entitled to your opinion, we saw it differently. I certainly disagree that he was our worst defender today, that title, however hard it is to say or hear, belongs to one Adam Barrett!

White and Coker both suffered from having no outlet on the wing ahead of them. It put them both under pressure until Worrall came on and at least offered something.
Whilst Barrett looked very tired and made some awful clearances he wasn't actually at fault for any goals and didn't do anything that bad that it put us at great risk, White on the other hand did a few times. I agree that the formation did no favours to either full backs, if both had McLaughlin or Worrall in front of them it could have been a different story both going forward and defensively.

just read the first post - can't be bothered to read the rest of the postings - what a bollocks thread - John White goes missing - 'tis the tossers in the stands booing that go missing - so we're crap for two games - welcome to supporting SUFC

IMO everyone was only raving about him as he scored a goal against colu (which he didnt celebrate!)

Incorrect, more raved about his superb marshalling of their dangerous winger. While realising that you are anti-White I do agree that he should be more vocal/motivational as skipper.

Incorrect, more raved about his superb marshalling of their dangerous winger. While realising that you are anti-White I do agree that he should be more vocal/motivational as skipper.

True, and a player who returned to Charlton early and went straight into their team yesterday and was awarded MOTM there. The Colchester supporters said Harriott had his worst game for them against us and that was down to White.

Coker's set pieces are *****. And the number of quality balls he puts in given the positions he gets himself into, are low too. He's solid defensively and good positionally though. But he's a league 1 left back - if was good at everything he'd be playing at a higher level.

I'm normally a massive defender of JW when he comes under fire. Yesterday was the first time I have seen the team play this season so it may have been an off day from him. He looked out of depth and struggled when Worrall wasn't with him, Evian ran rings around him until Worrall came on. The only person I saw organising the defence and shouting instructions was Barrett! White appears too quiet to be the captain and we all know Barrett or Timlin are both more vocal and would do a better job.

just read the first post - can't be bothered to read the rest of the postings - what a bollocks thread - John White goes missing - 'tis the tossers in the stands booing that go missing - so we're crap for two games - welcome to supporting SUFC

This..... 1 player does not make, or break a team.

When will we ever learn that picking scapegoats after a couple of bad results is not helpful. :nope:

Back