• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

This..... 1 player does not make, or break a team.

When will we ever learn that picking scapegoats after a couple of bad results is not helpful. :nope:

Dont be daft... That's what being a Southend fan is all about :/...

I can't single out white for the last two games without singling out the whole back four.. Thompson for instance has made 3/4 costly mistakes and a couple more which have gone unpunished.. Barrett as much as I love him is too old to go bombing forward like he does during open play, his game would benefit if he stayed back and saved his energy for the latter stages.. Coker hasn't been at his best for a few games noe, although still better then what we other options we have at lb... Ben especially needs someone on the wing with him, that showed big time yesterday, someone to offload to and over lap.. Both white and Coker struggled big time without anyone in front of them. If we're knocking the back for, then Bentley has to hold his hands up and admit his not been at his best either, performance of the season against col ewe... And then conceding 7 in two games isn't good enough. For a while back 5 not just one or two of them.

Agreed.
7 bookings in 12 matches this season.

There are games when he will do a job but overall a liability in my view whose selection is not justified by his commitment and crowd pleasing.

I truly hope not. Become a cult hero because of very short shorts and very long beard. If you were to ask me what I associate him with on the pitch it is getting stuck in (mostly illegally). Think he is lucky to make the bench, which when Wordsworth, Timlin and Weston are back, he won't.

Maybe a half-fit Coker is better than those other options? Or at least judged to be by Brown.
It would be poor judgement. Coker's movement didn't look right to me and playing through the pain barrier would worsen the injury. I'd rather a fully-fit O'Neill deputised for a few games if it meant Coker came back injury-free.

Back