• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Johnny Herd

Pubey

so what happened to him last night? it was the perfect chance for him to show what he could do. I really really hope he had an injury cos for him not to even find the bench for the JPT really doesn't say much for our supposed "2nd left back"

so what happened to him last night? it was the perfect chance for him to show what he could do. I really really hope he had an injury cos for him not to even find the bench for the JPT really doesn't say much for our supposed "2nd left back"

I was surprised Johnny didn't get a run out last night...Waht did we learn from putting Barrett at left back...that he can't play there!!

davewebbsbrain said:
Waht did we learn from putting Barrett at left back...that he can't play there!!
Anyone at the St Valentine's Day Massacre at Brentford, 3 or 4 years ago, could have told you that :)

Barrett, although always gives 100% where ever he plays, is a liability at left back. How many of the goals tonight came from crosses on his side...

You are right, this would have been the perfect opportunity to "blood" him in the 1st team as Martin Ling did with several of his team.
Also it was a chance to put another of last years successful youth team on the bench - Jamie Forshaw - instead of which we got a French bloke who has just joined us and doesn't speak English and a forty year old!!.
Sort it out Tilson!!.:thumbdown:

I'm guessing Harding must have pulled out at quite a late stage. Assuming it was only hours before kick-off then presumably that's why Herd wasn't in the picture at all - it would have been a big risk to call him in at short notice with his lack of experience.

If, however, Tilly knew early on that Harding wasn't going to make it then it's disappointing Herd wasn't considered because it would have been a good game to give him a try. Orient gave several debuts last night and it worked out well for them.

Is it wise to blood Herd into a defence that was abysmal at the weekend? If he was part of another shambolic defensive display on debut it could knock his confidence for a while - only a thought.

Is it wise to blood Herd into a defence that was abysmal at the weekend? If he was part of another shambolic defensive display on debut it could knock his confidence for a while - only a thought.
Abysmal at the weekend and abysmal last night, i wouldn't play him for the same reason

Back