• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Didn't know Crawley had them both....Simpson was a good player for them but would not be necessary for us, Harrold, on the other hand could be just what we need, and give him a chance to shut a few morons up if he returned!

This definately

Not his biggest fan and don't think his goal scoring record is brilliant, however that said him and Barney up front would niggle and frustrate defenders and win a few pens for sure.
But imo it would need the trickery of Jack Payne playing just behind the front two with Worrall & Lenny driving forward from the midfield :thumbsup:

Simpson no ( we've got too many similar midfielders already)
Harrold Yes (but doubt if he would want to come back after the shocking treatment dished out unfairly on him by some Roots Hall loud mouthed numptys )
And that was when he played for us... Let alone when he came back...

I don't think we need either but it still makes me laugh when people use the apparent logic that 'it didn't work to bring back X so it won't work with Y. They're different humans (and different letters).

It's a big no for me for Mr Harrold on the grounds that my household budget for the year is dependent on my winnings at the bookies by sticking a wedge on him to score against us.
As for Mr Simpson - seemed like a steady player who I thought we'd miss when he left - strangely results seemed to pick up instead.

Anyone remember Yeovil away when Matt Harrold played for them and fell over his own player and Shaun Goater couldnt move he was laughing so much. Said it all really pure genius v pure comedy.

Not a fan of bringing him back, I think we all acknowledge that he’s not as bad as we thought he was when he was with us but I still don’t think he’s that good. Scored against us a couple of times when he was fired up but I would rather carry on looking.

I think I mentioned on another thread that Harrolds record at any club is poor at any level. Please note we need a GOALSCORER, not someone who "works hard off the ball" or "is a perfect target man", we have plenty of forwards warming the bench or out on pitch doing just that. We need someone who can finish and Matt Harrold does not seem to possess that one quality we are so desperately lacking at the minute. If we sign him, we'll have yet another player to add to our growing list of strikers not capable of scoring!

I liked Simpson, but as already mentioned is probably surplus to requirements.

Last 100 games:

Barry Corr - 25 goals in 100 - 1 in 4
Matt Harrold - 27 goals in 100 - 1 in 3.70
Lee Barnard - 23 goals in 100 - 1 in 1.434

Last 50 games:

Barry Corr - 13 in 50 - 1 in 3.84
Matt Harrold - 8 in 50 - 1 in 6.25
Lee Barnard - 7 in 50 - 1 in 7.14

For some comparison. If we did sign him on loan I'd get rid of Barnard, only way I'd do it.

Guy I know worked for ITN and needed somebody to pretend to be Prince Harry so he recommended Matt Harrold to play the part!

He turned up demanding £1000 and left with £100, bargaining power as good as his goal scoring record in his previous spell!!

I think im seeing peoples logic. Barney and Fred were brilliant in their first spells but pretty awful in their second. Harrold was useless in his first spell so might be brilliant in a second spell???

No and no.

People have already stated my stance on MH.

JS, to be fair to him, I really rated when he was here, but just isn't any space in the squad, unless we were to out Clifford.

Back