• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

I'm with SBH on this. Wright seemed a decent signing by Phil Brown but it didn't work out. I wish him luck at whatever club he goes to next.

I think there's a player there. He's clearly not a right midfielder so trying to get him to do that job was never going to work. At one point he briefly played at the base of a diamond for us and looked good with the passing, vision and quick feet without needing the engine or strength.
Wish him all the best at his new club, I maintain there is a decent player in there

I think there's a player there. He's clearly not a right midfielder so trying to get him to do that job was never going to work. At one point he briefly played at the base of a diamond for us and looked good with the passing, vision and quick feet without needing the engine or strength.
Wish him all the best at his new club, I maintain there is a decent player in there

what I always said, best passer at the club, does not loose possession, never looks panicked.

I expected about 1 page on the subject of Josh Wright leaving ........... but there is nothing like a bit of acrimony, manoeuvring and intrigue to get the posts flying in. :omg:

More on this matter than in the the Echo the day after the U23's were doing us proud and winning a cup!!

I am struggling to find much sympathy for Josh, similarly I am not annoyed at his take on the situation either.
People are often like their friends, and the TOWIE lot don't really impress to me that they are 100% committed to anything and will be happy to just get an (too) easy £££.
Josh, with hindsight, may consider that he should have been knocking on the manager's/coaches' door to get in the team/play when he was fit for the last month or so of the season . I don't know what he was thinking of but maybe more about the beach than the bench; if he had done he could have been the used sub for midfield we need against Rovers.

I believe what he said in the echo, the god who is worshiped on here, Chris Powell.... told him something, and went back on his word.

but unlike Wright, I doubt whether CP will confirm or deny as it's not his style. Either way, it was Powell's decision as manager to get rid, and so we move on.

but unlike Wright, I doubt whether CP will confirm or deny as it's not his style. Either way, it was Powell's decision as manager to get rid, and so we move on.
you are right he won’t confirm it, because anyone who goes back on a gentleman’s agreement is, well I won’t use the word.

All a bit strange how he doesn't have a problem with Ron, who must have put the small print in, and there's never any mention of his agent who let him sign a deal with whatever there was in the small print.

Fair enough if he feels CP should have spoken to him about it but why wouldn't he have asked what was going on?

It's all a bit bizarre. He didn't really live up to expectations so can't really complain, though equally I don't think there would have been many complaints if he had been here for another year. Sure he'll find another League 1 club this summer and can move on.

Fair enough interview IMO. If what he's saying is true then I would also be a bit ****ed off

Wright feels let down following release from Blues

JOSH Wright insists he feels ‘let down’ by Southend United following his release from Roots Hall.

More...

what I always said, best passer at the club, does not loose possession, never looks panicked.
Really thought he slowed down play too much by always passing sideways or to a colleague who was really close to him. He reminded me of Atkinson but without the ability to get a tackle in. Probably do okay in league 2, but not good enough for league one. Wish him well and and let’s see if Phil Brown takes him West with him.

JOSH Wright insists he feels ‘let down’ by Southend United following his release from Roots Hall.

More...

Massive sour grapes here. He's very open about this being a clause in his contract that wasn't explained to him. I'd suggest getting an agent that can read a contract

Back