• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

There but for the grace of someones god go any of us.
Makes me sad the way he gets treated but as already said its the drink that is his own down fall,met his brother once who was a nice chap.

Speaking of his brother kev 'apparently' got nearly arrested by the police because his brother turned up round his house while Kevin was cutting cheese and 'apparently' threatened him with said knife.

Anyway as I said before you will always get people in life like this you just have to take it with a pinch of salt

Leave the fella alone..... He has a mental illness...definitely not something to bring up on a public message board and even discuss. I really hope none of you ever have mental illness in your family...imagine if it was your son and you had a public message board discussing his actions....

Leave the fella alone..... He has a mental illness...definitely not something to bring up on a public message board and even discuss. I really hope none of you ever have mental illness in your family...imagine if it was your son and you had a public message board discussing his actions....

Completely agree- however the thread is very much in the vain of support for him which is how it should be

No-one has taken the **** out of him in this thread.

Mental health is something to discuss on the forum in a sympathetic way, especially as a large number of people are suffering. Nothing will change if it is brushed under the carpet.

Completely agree- however the thread is very much in the vain of support for him which is how it should be

i would personally prefer to talk about mental health issues , than keep it a ;secret; that no one talks about. Its by discussing things that you learn. Most people don't know anyone with mental health issues and may feel threatened simply because they think the worst. Thanks to threads like this if I ever met Kev i would now 'guess' who is is, and the issues he has would not feel as threatened/akward whatever then maybe I would. If people were taking the mick then I agree with you, but no one has

I think it's good that he's being mentioned on here. The more fans that know about his condition, the better. It lessons the chance of people taking offence by the strange stuff he comes out with. It might also save him from being punched again.

Agree with the others.

I think we can all sympathise that mental health is a serious issue and the thread is handling it in an understanding way.

For example, as I mentioned earlier, I didn't know who he was, but now have a fuller understanding of his situation.

He was in the Bell Toby Carvery at 3 pm yesterday, going up to everyone with his Newspaper and giving them his theories. He left just after 4 pm to make his way to the ground.
Lucky to have made it, as he just walked across the A127 without paying attention to the traffic. Fortunately the lights had turned red on both A127 carriageways, and the traffic from Hobleythick lane & the road by the Bell had just turned green.
He was in there drinking Lager, which as True Blue has stated, dos'nt go down well with his medication.

He was in the Bell Toby Carvery at 3 pm yesterday, going up to everyone with his Newspaper and giving them his theories. He left just after 4 pm to make his way to the ground.
Lucky to have made it, as he just walked across the A127 without paying attention to the traffic. Fortunately the lights had turned red on both A127 carriageways, and the traffic from Hobleythick lane & the road by the Bell had just turned green.
He was in there drinking Lager, which as True Blue has stated, dos'nt go down well with his medication.

Which begs the question. Should he be coming to games on his own.

No-one has taken the **** out of him in this thread.

Mental health is something to discuss on the forum in a sympathetic way, especially as a large number of people are suffering. Nothing will change if it is brushed under the carpet.

MASSIVE difference between discussing mental health issues with educated people that actually understand it and then picking out someone from a crowd of 8,000 and discussing there "annoying but sometimes funny" actions. If you want to discuss mental health issues, let's do this without using individuals as an example...

Last edited:
He appears to harm nobody. People who are offended by his obvious "challenges" in life - should perhaps think a little more.

He appears to harm nobody. People who are offended by his obvious "challenges" in life - should perhaps think a little more.

Unfortunately the other week he started shouting at some innocent children because they were in the way of the TV in the East Stand bar going into a rant at them. The poor kids were stunned. This wasnt on. They weren't regulars and someone had to explain to their dad or it could of turned nasty. He behaves a bit better when his mum is with him but his not always accompanied to games. He actually does it to get a reaction off people.

While I agree that the sentiment on here is 100% supportive - I do find it a bit inappropriate that the personal life and issues of someone who doesn't post on here are being openly discussed. This is a public message board.

While I agree that the sentiment on here is 100% supportive - I do find it a bit inappropriate that the personal life and issues of someone who doesn't post on here are being openly discussed. This is a public message board.

Have you ever objected to any discussions around players that drink too much? I remember debates about Alan McCormack etc...

Kevin is free at anytime to come on and voice his opinion.

Lastly as stated earlier there has been no bad wishes or malice in this thread

MASSIVE difference between discussing mental health issues with educated people that actually understand it and then picking out someone from a crowd of 8,000 and discussing there "annoying but sometimes funny" actions. If you want to discuss mental health issues, let's do this without using individuals as an example...

Ridicule and stigma would indeed be very wrong. This thread has highlighted the problems one of our fans has and has allowed insight to those that read it. It has been largely accepting, tolerant and understanding. I am sure nobody wishes him ill and now with greater understanding he may receive a little less condemnation in the future.

Mental health issues can befall anyone. It makes the sufferer no less of a person than anybody else. But there is still a lot of ignorance on the subject and when this can be eradicated the lives of so many will be improved. Thankfully some people are prepared to discuss a once taboo subject and change for the better will happen.

Back