• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Shame for the bloke, I can't imagine what that must be like for a pro player to be told such crushing news and it's happened to him more than once.

Guessing he won't be staying here after the summer then.

Need defenders on loan and quick! Only got White, Phillips, Thompson and Coker fit now and only Prosser to come back.

Bollocks. Was hoping he might be able to play a part, God knows our defence looks suspect without Prosser.

Bollocks. Was hoping he might be able to play a part, God knows our defence looks suspect without someone with a bit of height.

Edited for accuracy... Prosser has done well but is far from being a dominant centre half a la Cresswell for the first few months of last season

Edited for accuracy... Prosser has done well but is far from being a dominant centre half a la Cresswell for the first few months of last season

Cresswell wasn't even on the bench mid-week for the Cod Platoon. Almost wish he would come back on loan ...... :unsure:

Poor signing, had a histroy of injury problems and now we are desparately short becasue of wasted signings.

Poor signing, had a histroy of injury problems and now we are desparately short becasue of wasted signings.

1093-girl-hindsight-stars-tattoo.jpg

How is that?

We can sign players now, Bennett has no bearing at all on that. If we are light then Brown should sign someone (and did try to do so deadline day).

That statement only applied until the embargo was lifted.

Shame for Bennett and us,another centre back would be very handy for the run in.

I beg to differ. Prosser is the man we need to build the defence around. He has come on so well and started to fulfil his potential.

How is that?

We can sign players now, Bennett has no bearing at all on that. If we are light then Brown should sign someone (and did try to do so deadline day).

That statement only applied until the embargo was lifted.

You know for sure the embargo has been lifted?

Even before this (sad) news, we needed (in my view) another central defender.

You build from the 1 point from a clean sheet that you have at the start of the game. Dull perhaps but that's my approach.

I feel very sorry for Julian Bennett - it must be very difficult to take. :sad:

Yep. Fair comment there to some degree. There was definitely always a risk involved as you've pointed out, but there was plenty of upside too in that we might just as well have got great service from a quality player who'd otherwise come nowhere near this level. IMO, we can only call him a poor signing in hindsight. He may still go on to become a great signing (with future hindsight.)

Forgot to mention that from PB's York preview. He said that he was very sorry for Julian and that the aim is for him to regain fitness ready for playing next season.............wherever that may be ........mentioning that his contract with us runs out this year.

Was a risk signing that never paid off. If we could afford to pay up his contract, I would without hesitation. I for one don't believe we are out of the embargo and his space would come in handy in the loan market.

Back