• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Supporters Group News JULY LIAISON MEETING

Lord Football

Blues on Tour
The Liaison Group is due to meet Club and Police next Monday, 15th July.

I am sure we will get an update on how the squad is progressing, kit, MtBD and any improvements made to Roots Hall since we were last there.

Anything else that you wonderful people want raising. Either post here, or PM me directly.

Still deeply worried by the lack of control of people and traffic leaving via the car park / club sop at the end of games... accident waiting to happen most games, so many run-in's between impatient car drivers trying to drive through crowds of people. Why cant club just place a steward by the club shop, no traffic to leave until crowds have gone?

The Liaison Group is due to meet Club and Police next Monday, 15th July.

I am sure we will get an update on how the squad is progressing, kit, MtBD and any improvements made to Roots Hall since we were last there.

Anything else that you wonderful people want raising. Either post here, or PM me directly.

1. Any plans for KB to do a Q&A? I understand the reason for not conducting transfer negotiations in public but with KB not discussing transfers and the team playing behind close doors friendlies with no match report beyond the quote "it was a good work out" there seems to be very little attempt at fan engagement to build anticipation for the new season. Subsequently this has been the lowest profile close season/start to pre-season that I can remember.

2. Can the club do more to promote the u23s. Putting their fixtures on the Official Site would be a start (no fixtures are currently shown and last season fixture changes were rarely announced).

Maybe they could update the u23 team profiles on the OS whilst they are at it?

Ideally the club would also include highlights of u23 and academy games on iFollow. That's the sort of additional content that would get me to re-subscribe and would help build a connection with fans of the future generations.

3. What's the club doing to reduce single-use plastic?

Still deeply worried by the lack of control of people and traffic leaving via the car park / club sop at the end of games... accident waiting to happen most games, so many run-in's between impatient car drivers trying to drive through crowds of people. Why cant club just place a steward by the club shop, no traffic to leave until crowds have gone?

The problem is made worse by people driving IN to the car park just as hundreds of people are on their way out, amazing!

1. Any plans for KB to do a Q&A? I understand the reason for not conducting transfer negotiations in public but with KB not discussing transfers and the team playing behind close doors friendlies with no match report beyond the quote "it was a good work out" there seems to be very little attempt at fan engagement to build anticipation for the new season. Subsequently this has been the lowest profile close season/start to pre-season that I can remember.

2. Can the club do more to promote the u23s. Putting their fixtures on the Official Site would be a start (no fixtures are currently shown and last season fixture changes were rarely announced).

Maybe they could update the u23 team profiles on the OS whilst they are at it?

Ideally the club would also include highlights of u23 and academy games on iFollow. That's the sort of additional content that would get me to re-subscribe and would help build a connection with fans of the future generations.

3. What's the club doing to reduce single-use plastic?

Not to mention promoting the ladies team. We've just had an amazing, ground breaking WWC. Let's use that momentum to promote the women.

The Trust are currently in the process of organising a Q&A with Kevin Bond.
However as with previous Q&A's this will not be until after the Season has started.

Anything on stadium update or blues bulletin that promised a stadium update

Are the club open to changing kit supplier from Nike to someone else as majority of fans would like to see this in future seasons (obviously too late for the season coming)

You're so right. I saw two very close near misses last season and going back and reporting it to reception after the game I was told people should be more careful and wait until all the cars have gone!!! You couldn't make it up, a totally crass comment.

Would love a Q&A with Bond to understand how Goodship and Milligan were identified and signed without other Clubs pipping us. And also why he didn't promote Maher into Assistant Manager role

Would love a Q&A with Bond to understand how Goodship and Milligan were identified and signed without other Clubs pipping us. And also why he didn't promote Maher into Assistant Manager role

The Shrimpers Trust will be planning to hold their regular Q&A session with the manager in the early part of the season, as already mentioned in post #8. This is different to the AGM, and therefore open to all, not just members. So, you will have an opportunity to ask then.

Any minutes from this please?

I'll be putting up some bullet points once I've received the notes taken at the meeting. We don't do formal minutes as we are an adhoc grouping of supporters.

Should point out SUFC apologised at late notice. We do have answers to some of the questions raised earlier in the thread, and I'll combine those along with other comments made last night

Back