• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Just About The Most Ridiculous Thing Ever

Bluesmanager

I'm a Barbie Girl
Somewhere where the weather isn't killing me
Just had a ODI on Brian Lara 2005 - Slog Mode 50 overs with fielding restrictions. My scorecard reads thus:

J Hobbs C Gilchrist B Aktar 6 (5 balls)
S Gavaskar C Kallis B McGrath 20 (8)
D Bardenham C Kallis B Mulitheran 392 (83)
G Pollock C Gilchrist B McGrath 12 (3)
G Sobers RUN OUT (Kallis) 37 (12)
V Richards B Aktar 90 (21)
I Khan C Gilchrist B Flintoff 96 (23)
I Healy C Warne B Mulitheran 255 (56)
M Marshall B Kallis 75 (19)
B O Reilly C Flintoff B McGrath 106 (24)
D Lillie NOT OUT 102 (20)

Extras - 7
Overs 44.3
TOTAL - 1198 runs

Have a crack at that one Australia!

Gotta bat through your innings though....schoolboy batting..

It's ridiculous! And that was the World XI I was playing! (If you want to have a cracj at it don't play against one of the weak sides like Kenya or Scotland - They can't bowl so they give you yorkers all the time).

Not a fan of slog mode personally....actually not played Lara's much lately but may get the latest one if the reviews are ok...

The first Brian Lara Cricket Playstation game (released in 1999 I think) was the best - commentary from Boycs, proper names for the players, more opportunities for shots square of the wicket....I could go on. Recent versions of the game seem to yield 6 or out shots, not good cricket...

The first Brian Lara Cricket Playstation game (released in 1999 I think) was the best - commentary from Boycs, proper names for the players, more opportunities for shots square of the wicket....I could go on. Recent versions of the game seem to yield 6 or out shots, not good cricket...

Mainly out shots for you Kevster!!

Agreed though, it becomes more like a 20/20 match and no scope for rotating the strike and listening to Boycs and Aggers talk about bowlers steaming in..Im hoping the latest version will be better..

Great call, however I think the megadrive versions (95 and 96) were top drawer!!

Without a doubt!

Me and a mate once stayed up all night batting with India against New Zealand and made about 1200-3 dec.

Then tried again in slog mode, and made about 15000 I think!!

I liked that massive ball you could get, too!

I liked that massive ball you could get, too!

That was absolute comedy, Wasn't there also a cheat where you could make it so it looked like you were playing on the beach?! And also one where the fielders dropped every single catch or something like that?

I've bought this for the PC, should come through tomorrow. I've read bad reviews of it about shocking AI and some silly bugs, but Codemasters have said a patch will be released in the coming weeks.

Apparently the online play makes it worthwhile. Anyone else got it on the PC?

Tried the same thing only in a Test match. 700/0 off 30 overs. Only another...

Afternoon
Evening
----------
Morning
Afternoon
Evening
----------
Morning
Afternoon
Evening
----------
Morning
Afternoon
Evening
----------

Taking an average of 700 runs a session that's...

(2100)
-----
(2100)
-----
(2100)
-----
(2100)
-----

Making a grand total of 8400. :D

Back