• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Just got back...

TrueBlue

SJP Taxi & Private Hire ⭐️
Great game, SUPERB FOLLOWING! tired as hell going to bed night night
smile.gif

P.S Maher Report - Improvement on the MK Dons game Kev looked alot more up for it, heres to an even greater improvement Saturday
smile.gif

Respect to you and all the other brave Shrimpers that made the trip.

We (me, the missus and my brother) bottled it. We didn't fancy making the trip for a game that could've easily been called off. We're now going to make it 3 out of five games for our trip (family birthday on the same day as the Oldham game).

Sounds like we missed a good game last night.

sad.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (TrueBlue @ Dec. 29 2005,05:06)]Great game, SUPERB FOLLOWING! tired as hell going to bed night night  
smile.gif

P.S Maher Report - Improvement on the MK Dons game Kev looked alot more up for it, heres to an even greater improvement Saturday  
smile.gif
Excellent effort on attending
cool.gif

hit a slight bip a while back.. nothing to worry about, couple if signings in Jan, and we will be about
biggrin.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (overseas shrimper @ Dec. 29 2005,07:51)]Respect to you and all the other brave Shrimpers that made the trip.

We (me, the missus and my brother) bottled it. We didn't fancy making the trip for a game that could've easily been called off. We're now going to make it 3 out of five games for our trip (family birthday on the same day as the Oldham game).

sad.gif
DOH!

And I slept well last night because I thought that the Curse of OS had finally been laid!

down.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Shrimp in a Kilt @ Dec. 29 2005,09:18)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (overseas shrimper @ Dec. 29 2005,07:51)]Respect to you and all the other brave Shrimpers that made the trip.

sad.gif
DOH!

And I slept well last night because I thought that the Curse of OS had finally been laid!

down.gif
Not yet it hasn't.

Went to watch MK Dons and look what happened (could've been worse if they'd scored their penalty).

rock.gif

Let's see what transpires against Bournemouth and Blackpool.

wink.gif

Well done to the 115 nutters! You got the result you deserved

WHAT A NIGHT!!!

When Flavs saved the pen at the death our end just exploded and what a classy touch by Tilly to get the boys over to chuck their shirts in - we've got the best set of lads in the league.

The Blues are officially back in town......:)
smile.gif
smile.gif

A (still drunk) BITPS

Quality game. Not so great performance. Flavs is amazing. Kept us in the game. Got home by 2.30 am, not too bad. Long way to go, made sweeter there was only 115 there. Didnt get a shirt tho
sad.gif
sad.gif

What a result - made the 560-mile round trip (including the snowstorm on the way back!) well worth it.

Flavs kept us in that game - I'm sure when he saved the penalty the cheer was louder than for both goals! Well done to all my fellow travellers for making the journey as well.

What a game/day that was! Didnt play that well but we got the 3 points in the end. Shook Jupp's hand at the end!
wink.gif
laugh.gif

Yes, fair play too the 115 that went up there for a game like that. We have a knack of doing them in the last few minutes dont we.
biggrin.gif

Should've had a second penalty when Freddy was tripped in the box, DISGWACE!
tounge.gif
The ref was all over the shop though, but who cares

Great performance and we already look better in the league after just one win.

A few thoughts of my own from last night:

1) Not sure the game should have gone ahead, the pitch looked frozen. But mighty glad it did as it's a bloody long way to go. Feel sorry for fans of Torquay (went to Stockport), Scunthorpe (went to Col******r) and Charlton (went to Newcastle). What is the league computer doing? We have 1,200 miles to do over Christmas, and I notice that Charlton had Newcastle away last night and have Everton when we're at Blackpool. I know its a different league technically but there needs to be some common sense here. Games do get called off this time of year, the weather's not great, and people don't need to be doing 500 mile round trips for nothing.

2) Bloody glad I took my hip flask of whisky, if I hadn't I might still be frozen to the floor in the stand (standing up of course ;-))

3) Thought we were very lucky to get anything out of the game, let alone 3 points. Midfield were sitting too deep to win second balls until Bentley came on, after which we looked much more balanced.

4) The only reason we got any points from the game was our goalkeeper. A simply outstanding display, and thoroughly deserved the luck he got in diving the right way for the penalty. It would have been a travesty for him personally if that penalty went in, though it was nothing more than the team as a whole deserved.

5) JCR needs to cross the ball earlier - the one real cross he put in we won a penalty from. Obviously very skilful and can beat most players with ease, but sometimes waits for a player to close him down so he can beat them, rather than whipping the ball across.

6) We need to attack the box earlier too. JCR, Gower and Mitch all got into good crossing positions but didn't have options to cross to. Gray, Eastwood and one of the two central midfielders need to be in there or near it for us to maintain attacks and not just give the ball to centre backs in their own 18 yard box. That's why we looked more dangerous when Bentley was on - he played higher, got involved himself and pushed Gray and Eastwood 20 yards up the pitch. Result - they couldn't get the ball clear, allowing Maher to take control.

7) I hope Wright is a good left back - Che is now suspended I believe. Good luck, son!

A great trip away (almost made my top 3, but eclipsed by Macclesfield, Col******r and Cambridge last season).

Oh to
Oh to be
Oh to be a ... SHRIMPER!

Back