• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Just got back...

steveo

mine to stay the same please
from a comfortable victory. as bad as we were against Cheltenham, the opposite applied tonight.

For what its worth:

Daryl: 7 - made 2 great early saves which kept us in it
Francis 6 looked pretty fit and always keen to get forward
Barret and Richards - 6 both solid
Hunt 6 as above
Moussa - 7 - composed on the ball, lots of nice touches,
Macca - 7- stupid yellow card but broke up most of Watford did in the middle.
Bailey 8- Looks better every game. Great tackler and distribution getting better
Black - 7 - lively, often seemed to get free of his marker
Harrold - 9 Great performance great goal
McDonald - 8 very lively and very sharp. Great cross for Harrolds goal.

Harrold and MCDonald played well together. This should be our first choice line up. Bring on ManU

from a comfortable victory. as bad as we were against Cheltenham, the opposite applied tonight.

For what its worth:

Daryl: 7 - made 2 great early saves which kept us in it
Francis 6 looked pretty fit and always keen to get forward
Barret and Richards - 6 both solid
Hunt 6 as above
Moussa - 7 - composed on the ball, lots of nice touches,
Macca - 7- stupid yellow card but broke up most of Watford did in the middle.
Bailey 8- Looks better every game. Great tackler and distribution getting better
Black - 7 - lively, often seemed to get free of his marker
Harrold - 9 Great performance great goal
McDonald - 8 very lively and very sharp. Great cross for Harrolds goal.

Harrold and MCDonald played well together. This should be our first choice line up. Bring on ManU
Interesting, the OS say Moussa was fantastic.

Glad to see good ratings for Harrold and Mousse :D

Amazing game, Tommy Black is the new Jesus Christ, he's everything we've needed for some time.

Moussa was amazing as well, Harrold same old ****, Maccy D played his heart out, the defence was impeccable, and i'm well tired.

Away at Newcastle or something exciting please.

bailey has got some great ratings the last couple of games - how is he out on the wing tho? i mean - does he get tempted to drift into the middle a lot?

Apart from bumping Black's score up, would have to agree with that

Moooooooooooooooooooooooooousssssssa :cool:

Our fans were good value as well

i mean - does he get tempted to drift into the middle a lot
He played in the middle tonight instead of Maher. Moussa played wide. On Satruday Bailey did drift into the middle most of the time which i think was intentional.

I would have rated Moussa higher but that will come in time when he gets into the game more.

bailey played in the middle with moussa out wide. the moose did drift in but it doesnt matter with francis rampaging down the right, he was quality, especially in the first half. moose needs to bulk up a bit but defensively he is solid and he starts the breaks well from the edge of our box. class player in the making

great great game. was really surprised how well we coped.

flavs 9 - was solid and save some amazing saves. how we saved the one with his leg i don't know.

francis 6 - looked fit, didn't have too much to do really
barrett 7 - as per usual was solid, handled there main striker well
hunt 7 - did really well, filled in very nicely at left back
richards 7 - had his dodgy moments and a few hoofs but did ok

Bailey 8 - gets better and better and better. looking very good so far
Moose 8 - realy like moose, he showed skill, confidence and is going to be a very good player
Black 9 - followed on from millwall, played very good, caused mayhem for the waford defence.
Macca 7 - a bit quiet but played well.

Mcdonald 9 - looked lively and again and great goal. maybe should have scored another but did very well.
Harrold 8 - get ready to frame this as i do not say this very often. he did very good tonight. won a lot of headers and tackles. even set up a few chances and scored a good goal. should have scored a couple more though. lol

great great game. was really surprised how well we coped.

Really, and how were you expecting us to do against Watford's reserves?

But you can only beat the team in front of you and we did that, so no complaints.

Harrold same old ****

I just don't understand this. Harrold was brilliant tonight. He's never going to be a fleet-footed goalscorer, but he brought a lot to our game tonight. Seems as though people are far too stubborn and once they label him a "****", he can do no right. At least Matty swallowed his pride and admitted that he did well tonight!

I just don't understand this. Harrold was brilliant tonight. He's never going to be a fleet-footed goalscorer, but he brought a lot to our game tonight. Seems as though people are far too stubborn and once they label him a "****", he can do no right. At least Matty swallowed his pride and admitted that he did well tonight!

He must have been doing something right because he was getting fouled left right and centre

Harrold did do well tonight. when he comes deep and gets onto the ball he is excellent, but there were still times whe he was just too far away from MacDonald. there is definitely a promising partnership with them two though and tonight proved that with players like moussa, bailey and black if you unlock the defence and put them through then they will get goals. as someone said it was our midfield that won us the game today

very pleased for Harrold...that was his best game for us today, given that he actually had service from midfield.

McDonald and Harrold work very well together and please guys lets get behind the guy!

Thats pretty much how I feel about tonight. I missed the Millwall game but went tonight. Thought the boys played very, very well indeed and deserved the victory by a clear margin. Watford were very poor and looked very much like a side that lost away to Leicester 4-0 at the weekend.

That save by Flavs in the first half (with his feet) was absolutely critical to the momentum of the game.. if Watford had equalised then that might have been a turning point.

Great night's football though... Lets hope we get someone interesting in the next round.

Edit: sorry, one thing I forgot.. JCR didnt looked missed at all tonight.. lets hope we get some good cash for him and Tilson gets another striker.

Best performance from Matty Harrold in a Southend shirt. Our front two are working well and i'm delighted both scored very good goals in one way or another.

tommy black = top draw. if we can keep him fit he will be the signing of the season

Watford were very poor and looked very much like a side that lost away to Leicester 4-0 at the weekend.

Strange, as there were just the eleven changes in the starting line-ups !

other downside was that there didn't seem to be any youngsters on show that i would have though we could get on loan.

were a few random faces in the directors box

Thought we scored against the run of play, but after that was pretty much mostly Southend.

Moose was pretty good, played a part in both goals but thought he tended to panic a bit and kick the ball to anywhere when under pressure sometimes.

Mac D was very good, great finish and worked v hard.

Best ive seen Harrold play aswell, one a lot of headers and held the ball up well.

Back