• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Hawkwell Blue

Manager
...what Wiggy's thoughts are following promotion and following Saturday's game. Apologies if this has been covered elsewhere only I know sometimes Wiggy can disappear when things go well. Thanks in advance Wiggy :winking:

By and large Wiggy and his acolytes have been very quiet of late, and we are entitled to think that all must be well at the Southend/SZ homestead. Let's get a few weeks into the new season and see what pops up then. I have noticed the occasional grumbling by some, but for the moment all is goooooooood.

Does make me laugh how some people only come here to vent. That's their perogative though.

Shame they don't feel willing to get involved more in discussions a6 other times and think the forum is somewhere to go just to complain.

Ah well takes all sorts.

Never mind Wiggy, what about Dagenham Kev is he still around? I'm sure he'd be calling for Brown to be sacked, just as he did when Tilson got us into the Championship?

Never mind Wiggy, what about Dagenham Kev is he still around? I'm sure he'd be calling for Brown to be sacked, just as he did when Tilson got us into the Championship?

He was in the Spread after the play-offs. I didn't hear him say anything, whether that's because he was drowned out by the singing or unusually quiet I can't remember.

Interesting debate - if Martin had sacked Tilly before the Championship season started, would we have stayed up under a different, perhaps more experienced, manager? We wouldn't of course, have then met or beaten Man U in the cup....

I sat next to a guy at Wembley why by his own admission hadn't been for a few years....He spent the first 15 minutes moaning about how the new Wembley wasn't as good as the old Wembley...then he spotted the game has started and started on the team...Wycombe had the ball, therefore we weren't challenging them...we hadn't scored in the first half hour so we had no attacking ideas...we lost a header in the midfield therefore we had no aerial presence.

to be fair to him though, he got into the moment a bit more in the second half

He was at Wembley sitting in front of me. Had an oldish woman with me. Within 5 mins of the game starting, he was kicking off. Stewards has numerous words with him but he kept on. Gave the family sitting in front of him loads of grief who I think told the stewards what hew is like. He disappeared at half time and never came back.

HaHa, well it seems to be Dagenham Kev and his plus one nowadays as his lady friend accompanied him @ Wembley. We saw and swiftly avoided him by the bar half an hour before kick off - he was moaning passionately about something instead of enjoying the day and occasion - shock horror!!!

Speaking of people hanging out by the bar, a friend of mine went for a piddle half hour or so into the match only to see the self proclaimed TrueBlue enjoying a pint as opposed to supporting the team...surely not?!?! :omg::whistling:

I saw him on the concourse at half-time arguing with himself about how Southend were playing badly! I gave him a swerve! The woman I believe is his mum.

Back