• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Justice System

HUTTON

12 weeks for killing a kid, this guy was an immigrant who had no licence or insurance, was driving a stolen car.

Where is the justice in this
mad.gif
mad.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (SUFCHUTTON @ Feb. 22 2006,20:47)]12 weeks for killing a kid, this guy was an immigrant who had no licence or insurance, was driving a stolen car.

mad.gif

mad.gif
I'm sure my generally 'liberal' views are quite established on here by now but I fail to understand why if you are an immigrant to this country and you break the law are you not immediately deported after you've served your sentence?

Don't get me wrong I am not anti-immigration but if I move to another country I do so knowing that I have to respect and obey that country's laws. If I don't then I should be rightly told to leave, it seems quite simple to me really  
rock.gif

hows this for justice, my brother walks home from a night out, a lady, FOUR times over the drink drive limit falls asleep at the wheel, mounts the pavement and hits my brother. she staggers away from the scene before being found collapsed in a bush 200 yards down the road. if it wasnt for a lamp post softening the blow it would have killed my brother and the three friends he was walking home with. my brother luckily got away with reconstruction of his entire arm which he will never get full use of again and two weeks in hospital. what did she get? a £75 fine. we found out after she had previous for drink driving aswell. justice? what justice
mad.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (SUFCHUTTON @ Feb. 22 2006,20:47)]12 weeks for killing a kid, this guy was an immigrant who had no licence or insurance, was driving a stolen car.

mad.gif

mad.gif
How does an immigrant make this case any different ?

Where's the justice in that ?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (shrimperman @ Feb. 22 2006,22:12)]hows this for justice, my brother walks home from a night out, a lady, FOUR times over the drink drive limit falls asleep at the wheel, mounts the pavement and hits my brother. she staggers away from the scene before being found collapsed in a bush 200 yards down the road. if it wasnt for a lamp post softening the blow it would have killed my brother and the three friends he was walking home with. my brother luckily got away with reconstruction of his entire arm which he will never get full use of again and two weeks in hospital. what did she get? a £75 fine. we found out after she had previous for drink driving aswell. justice? what justice
mad.gif
Has your brother brought a civil action against the lady driver?

>>He was sentenced to four weeks for the handling charge and 12 weeks each for the fail to stop and fail to report charges, to run concurrently. He was also banned from driving for five years.

Careless driving is an offence which does not carry a jail sentence. <<

So he got NOTHING other than a driving ban for killing the kid. and had reported the accident and stayed put he would have not been imprisoned for anything to do with the accident

I understand that the more severe charge of causing death by dangerous driving is a lot harder to prove as it requires evidence that the driving prior to the accident was dangerous as opposed to careless (I think there is an assumption that an accident implies carelessness)

Perhaps if there were more traffic police about then they may be able to get more dangerous drivers, i mean when was the last dangerous , or careles for that matter, driver caught by a speed camera

The law needs to be tightened on causing death whilst at the wheel of a car. Yes, there are tragic accidents which cause fatalities but there's a lot of incidents involving careless or negligent driving which goes unpunished. This must be stopped, and real justice served to these car killers.

I agree , as with increasing penalties for no Insurance, the problem is that these days there is very little preventative traffic policing, its all after the event. Tragic cases where lack of witness evidence means that the lesser charge is the only one appropriate.
More trafiic police..........

But just by having no insurance and no licence that is dangerous in itself.
A defence lawyer would say he was just a little bit careless and he didn't realise that these documents were needed.

Disgraceful.

I think our country is good too come down hard on traffic offences, especially after living in Brasil and spending alot of time in Argentina.

Nobody gives a f%&k about drink driving, stopping at lights (i can understand at night as its a bit dangerous) and people cut each other up for fun, causing many fatal accidents and problems on roads. It will be a joy to drive in England one again on my return.

I remember getting a Taxi when I was in holiday in Brazil - I think it was in Salvador. He was trying to race his mate back to my hotel (and almost stuffed it about 20 times) at speeds of over 140kph - it was the most terrifying car ride I've ever been in...

Back