• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Kacper Lopata

I'd have thought that whatever nominal fee we get, minus Sheffield United's cut, wouldn't be worth chasing - but I guess there must be a few quid in it, if the club is pursuing it.

We didn't pay him for X months! You saying we should expect him to put up with this and not leave? We're just lucky he was the only one and we have no moral high ground to take.
You know 100% that he wasn't paid? I don't. I believe that his wages may have been protected by the PFA as he was employed by an EFL team at the start of the season. So while he may have had to wait for them from the club, I am not convinced he wasn't "helped" by the PFA in the interim. That's not defending the club in any way, shape or form but I firmly believe he was led by the nose here by his agent.

You know 100% that he wasn't paid? I don't. I believe that his wages may have been protected by the PFA as he was employed by an EFL team at the start of the season. So while he may have had to wait for them from the club, I am not convinced he wasn't "helped" by the PFA in the interim. That's not defending the club in any way, shape or form but I firmly believe he was led by the nose here by his agent.
I don't dispute that he and his agent have taken advantage of the situation in a way that other players and their agents haven't - but that doesn't make them wrong and doesn't mean we should complain when it happens. We can complain when our own house is in order.

If your treated very poorly by your employer you just accept it and continue? Its the best ones who leave first when things go bad as they're in demand elsewhere. I wouldn't blame any of them for leaving.
He can f*** right off, I will never forgive him for what he did to us, on the eve of the Barnet match, which played an part in ruining our team spirits and togetherness (as it’s show in changing room after our win at Torquay).

I do admire our team’s for staying loyal and sticking together, unlike 1 who bugger off after letting his agent zip his trousers and do a blow job in getting him to walk out.

He can f*** right off, I will never forgive him for what he did to us, on the eve of the Barnet match, which played an part in ruining our team spirits and togetherness (as it’s show in changing room after our win at Torquay).

I do admire our team’s for staying loyal and sticking together, unlike 1 who bugger off after letting his agent zip his trousers and do a blow job in getting him to walk out.
This is absolutely ridiculous, no player has loyalties, it’s their job. That they weren’t getting paid for.

Quite frankly I don’t think Kasper or his agent will give a toss what murkey mouse has got to say about him when the lad wasn’t being paid. If you didn’t get paid for months in your job you’d leave too. Or would you stay because “loyalty” is soo important to your colleagues 😂😂

So eloquently put 😂

Ron has no shame. Just let the man get on with his career. It's what happens when you treat staff disgracefully. They want out and leave. Ron's never understood that employee happiness and success/failure is very much aligned.

Hopefully we can get new owners in and repair the damage this has done to the other players who may be demoralised by the whole situation.
Never disagree more

Ironic that the 'mods' allow abusive and provocative posts like this despite being reported but jump on anyrhing that even obliquely has a perceived (ie antii Establishment) political slant! Pathetic.

For once I am on Ron’s side.

We should surely still hold Lopata’s registration. A fee is due, so either a club or Lopata’s agent needs to cough up.

Did Kasper not hear the tale of Elvis, if this drags out he’s heading that way. Whist i sympathise that he got paid late, he should have waited it out, as close season he’d surely have got a lucrative move to L1. Total
fool listening to his greedy agent

I despair, agents are the scourge of the game.

We should surely still hold Lopata’s registration. A fee is due, so either a club or Lopata’s agent needs to cough up.

Did Kasper not hear the tale of Elvis, if this drags out he’s heading that way. Whist i sympathise that he got paid late, he should have waited it out, as close season he’d surely have got a lucrative move to L1. Total

Southend will not win the appeal, they lost once already

I am with you on this one 🙌🏻

Exactly this. If Kaspar truly did care about the club and his teammates, he wouldn’t have walked away. Whilst it is incorrect both legally and morally that he received his wages late, he did receive them. Of course, there is the risk that he may have been paid late again, but that is better than not receiving any wages again until the end of the season.

He would have had plenty of suitors in LG1, had more games to put himself in the shop window, and helped us achieve a play off finish.

He could have left with well wishes, instead he leaves controversially and staining his reputation at the club and perhaps raising questions of his reputation in the game, at least short term.

As it goes,I think he will win the appeal and I still hope he goes on and has a great career and enjoyed his loan spell here in particular. After all, two wrongs don’t make a right do they?

However, a polite note Kaspar if you or anyone who could pass this to you is reading. The comment on Twitter getting involved on Zak Brunt’s Twitter regarding giving it to the Southend fans in his celebration? Not a good look mate. In fact, real d**k move. If that’s what you’re about, probably best you or Brunt are a part of this club long term. Same to Brunt as well, I thought that was bang out of order.

Ironic that the 'mods' allow abusive and provocative posts like this despite being reported but jump on anyrhing that even obliquely has a perceived (ie antii Establishment) political slant! Pathetic.
We discussed it, and we felt it was strongly worded but in the context of the situation - and on a football forum it is a perfectly reasonable thing to see. You’ve been told a thousand times that we moderate as little as possible and allow where we can. We could here.

Going back to your previous to and fro with RHB, this post illustrates why you’ll never be a mod. It’s not the modding decision, it’s the sanctimonious ‘look at me’ when you reported a post and the mods disagreed… lo and behold you’re back on the forum digging us out. This doesn’t come across as though you’re an amenable team player, let alone someone who can accept other people reviewing the same situation and drawing a different conclusion / opinion from it.

I’m sorry you don’t like murkey’s post, but we think it’s just about the right side of the line and it’s staying.

Back