• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

POTY for me
Came into the side when we was really struggling and put in some solid performances for such a young age

Sell him now if we are being offered £500,000

500K wow. Football has gone mental. This is League 2, and I'm not questioning that he couldn't play at a much higher level, it's just such a crazy signing to make.

Sawyer and Easton in center mid next year, take the money for Kane if he wants to go, even though I'd love him to stay. Surely this interest has existed before he signed a 2 1/2 year deal? He obviously wants to be here.

We'll ignore the fact it's the Daily Star for a moment, if an offer came close to £500k I'd snatch their hands off.

We'll ignore the fact it's the Daily Star for a moment, if an offer came close to £500k I'd snatch their hands off.

Yep, center mid is not really a position that we need to worry about, Easton, Sawyer, Stevens, Anthony Grant. If 500K came in you have to take it really. But would he want to leave? Possibly not! He has a brain.

If someone came in with 500k for an 18 year-old I'd take it no questions, provided there was also add-ons like percentage of next sale on etc... but as this is the Daily Star (I thought they'd gone bust?) I very much doubt it. As has been said, central midfield is probably the one area where we have decent depth particularly with these youngsters like Woodyard and Stevens coming through.

POTY for me
Came into the side when we was really struggling and put in some solid performances for such a young age

Sell him now if we are being offered £500,000

If there was some truth in this tabloid rumour and a deal was completed for £500k.
You would then be on here slating RM for selling our promising youngster's I would imagine ?

Both Forest and Derby are watching Kane. The fee is made up. He will be one of a number of players to leave in the summer.

Both Forest and Derby are watching Kane. The fee is made up. He will be one of a number of players to leave in the summer.

simular to the same amount of rumours that he was not going to sign a contact but hey he signed others may leave but dont think kane will be leaving us at this stage

I wouldnt want us to sell him on the basis that we wont see any of the money put back into the squad.

people say 'yeah sell 500k great' but do you realise this will no way be put towards new players. Saying that barely any money we have earnt from selling players in the llast 4 years has gone towards improving the squad only paying off debts. that why we are where we are in league 2.

people say 'yeah sell 500k great' but do you realise this will no way be put towards new players. Saying that barely any money we have earnt from selling players in the llast 4 years has gone towards improving the squad only paying off debts. that why we are where we are in league 2.

I'm fully accepting that it probably won't go towards new players, but let's not forget this is a player that three months ago was not even on the radar. In our fractious state, £500k isn't an injection that we can afford to turn down.

Fair enough, but if spread evenly through the club, paying of debts we can be a bit healthier for a season. Maybe it's worth it? Maybe it's not. We do support football to be entertained a bit, not only to worry about the clubs debts. Wouldn't it be nice you could buy 3 players at 100K each to get us promoted next year. That probably wont happen, or could it?

Do we want to keep him and get out of this horrible division next year and then sell him on? Or does he under perform and we can't sell him? The later wont happen IMO because he is real quality and has been the difference between a good League 2 side to a lower league 2 side.

Back