• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Again, really? Gray was awesome once he found his feet after his first few months. Seriously under-rated and under-appreciated.

His speed was a major bonus, he chased and harried, he complimented Eastwood brilliantly and set up a fair few of his goals, especially in 04/05. The first half of the 05/06 season for him was great, he was scoring some excellent goals when Eastwood struggled for early season form and he played a major role in getting the side rolling on the 8-match winning streak. I'd stick my neck out and say that we quite probably wouldn't have gotten promoted without him during either season.

Yes Eastwood's work rate wavered at the end, and yes the Grazer's legs are shot nowadays, but although Corr has done very well this season I would take the Eastwood and Gray of 04-06 over him any day of the week.
Gray was horribly inconsistent, IMO. There were times when he was unplayable - his role in Freddy's debut against Swansea springs to mind - but equally there were games where he was totally anonymous and disinterested, and he needed benching occasionally to regain his focus (which is why I think Laurie Dudfield is somewhat an unsung hero). I also don't think he used his pace to its potential. Having said that, he certainly did hold his own in League 1.

Perhaps I'm being harsh as Gray and Freddy were certainly a winning combination but I think I'd pick Corr in a fantasy XI as for me he would be a hypothetically better foil for Freddy with his physical strength and provide his own goal threat. We'll never know, of course!

With Grays pace defences were forced to defend deep which gave Freddie loads of space "in the hole". In the games where the opposition did keep a high line, gray (with passes from maher, bower and guttridge) ripped them apart. Corr, as well as he has played this season has the opposite effect of a high line and no pace to get around the back. So I think Freddie was perfectly suited to playing gray, but not so Corr

I don't know about Mohsni but I do have it on pretty good authority that the McCormack one was not exactly true.

Really? Because my source said that Millwall made an initial offer for McCormack that hinged on us finding a replacement. When we couldn't, the transfer fell through and McCormack played himself out of contention for the transfer.

With Grays pace defences were forced to defend deep which gave Freddie loads of space "in the hole". In the games where the opposition did keep a high line, gray (with passes from maher, bower and guttridge) ripped them apart. Corr, as well as he has played this season has the opposite effect of a high line and no pace to get around the back. So I think Freddie was perfectly suited to playing gray, but not so Corr

Couldnt of put it better myself although i still think Corr and Freddy would of worked well too.

I don't know about Mohsni but I do have it on pretty good authority that the McCormack one was not exactly true.

The Millwall manager or chairman not been sectioned is all the evidence I need that there wasn't a bid for McCormack.

Gray was horribly inconsistent, IMO. There were times when he was unplayable - his role in Freddy's debut against Swansea springs to mind - but equally there were games where he was totally anonymous and disinterested, and he needed benching occasionally to regain his focus (which is why I think Laurie Dudfield is somewhat an unsung hero). I also don't think he used his pace to its potential. Having said that, he certainly did hold his own in League 1.

Perhaps I'm being harsh as Gray and Freddy were certainly a winning combination but I think I'd pick Corr in a fantasy XI as for me he would be a hypothetically better foil for Freddy with his physical strength and provide his own goal threat. We'll never know, of course!

Agreed. An on form Wayne Gray had the physical attributes to trouble any defence but when he was moping about feeling sorry for himself he was half the player a half-fit Corr is.

Back