• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Kent Elms Corner Traffic Works.

Will it be a Nightmare on Elms Street? :happy:

I loved this extract from the article:

The Council and Eurovia will be keeping disruption to motorists and neighbours to a minimum throughout these projects. There are no planned lane closures during peak commuting hours or at weekends.

There will probably be a lot of disruption and ****ed off drivers. The A13 will also benefit greatly from drivers looking to avoid this lot.

I can see WFH being more than 2 days a week with this latest chaos:winking:

So basically through February and March I won't be able to get to Roots Hall by train or car without massive delays. Great.

I live in Witham, getting over to C2C is not an option.

Later Anglia have no trains on Saturdays through Feb and March due to Crossrail works.

Passing through Kent Elms junction today it struck me that something was different but I wasn't sure what. Then it dawned on me, someone had nicked the pedestrian bridge. It has gone, vanished, is nothing safe from thieves these days?

They started to take it down Friday night and finished it yesterday. I used it a lot walking home from WHSG to friends' houses who lived that end of Eastwood.

Passing through Kent Elms junction today it struck me that something was different but I wasn't sure what. Then it dawned on me, someone had nicked the pedestrian bridge. It has gone, vanished, is nothing safe from thieves these days?

So what are they going to replace it with? Surely they're not going to force pedestrians to cross the road at an all-red phase? That will just slow the traffic down.

So what are they going to replace it with? Surely they're not going to force pedestrians to cross the road at an all-red phase? That will just slow the traffic down.

They're going to build another bridge.

A replacement footbridge will be provided in a similar location to the old one, which will be have both accessible ramps and new stairs.

A surface level controlled crossing was commissioned last year which complimented the bridge. It now has a 'lollipop' person wearing copious layers of last seasons away shirt with matching trousers and a very fetching matching fluorescent hat, a bit like this. Said person patrols during go to school hours.

images

The junction was absolute pants today, out and into town.
Rayleigh Road also snarled up.
Such fun......................NOT!

Back