• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

I thought he had a great game.. Good decision on the red card and managed the game well although two non-thuggish sides helped for a change.

Thought he had a good game, much better than many we've seen this season.

Initially thought the red was harsh but from the North it just looked a tad late, was told at halftime by someone in the West that it was two feet so, in the modern game, that's pretty much decided.
Thought he handled the odd little clash well by letting play continue while indicating that he'd seen it and then having a word during the next natural break in play, if only more refs would do that....
Only thing I was disappointed with was that he missed a clear cut, deliberate elbow on Grant late in the second half, to be fair he might have been unsighted but the East lino really should have seen it as he should have been pretty much level with it as Grant was one of the deepest players at the time, really couldn't believe that they both missed it, it was that blatant and a straight red any day.

On the whole pretty good nights work and although I've not always liked him in the past, on tonight's performance, would have him back any day. :stunned:

I thought he didnt let the game flow there was a good few times he could have played the advantage but blew up for a free kick. The challenge looked really bad and it deserved a redcard thought I suppose if it had been the other way around and a Southend player made the challenge we would be saying it was a harsh sending off.

Thought that he had a good game in general, have seen him make some shocking decisions in the past but not many tonight, sending off was 2 footed challenge and had to go according to the FA guidelines whether it was in the 1st or 90th minute, couple of decisions could have gone either way but on the whole got most things right.

Probably the best referee'd game we've had all season. Lets face it though we was due one. Makes me laugh all the moaning about Kettle being in charge, but he has turned out have a very decent game. He seems to just get a bad press!

The sending off looked very harsh from where i was in the west, thought it would be a yellow. Wouldn't mind seeing it again to find out why it was a straight red

I was in the West, and it looked a straight red to me. Moreover, BBC Essex after the match were saying that their manager had just said in an interview that the player involved had apologised to his team mates. He wouldn't have done that if he thought it was harsh.

Back