• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

rlb999

We want 4 stands!
I've been reading fairly regularly on these forums that Kev is 'finished', 'past it', 'legs have gone', 'needs moving on', etc. I've also been to games recently where there have been audible groans when his name is read out - even people shouting at him to 'go away' (or similar) when he misses a pass or something. But then I see him at Barnsley and thought he played well, and by all accounts he had a really good game yesterday too.

What should I take from this?

That his contract runs out in 3 months.

Most players go through a loss of form, be it fitness, confidence, maybe something in their personal life. But hats off :happy: to him and poke in he eye to his critics.

That a lot of Zoners really know **** all, but it never stops them posting. Occasionally they are proved right, other times they are proved horribly wrong, its the nature of things. Kevan yesterday looked a lot more like the player we all loved when he was at the top of his game. He does, however, look a little slow at times, but he will probably quicken up a bit with a few more matches under his belt.

Most players go through a loss of form, be it fitness, confidence, maybe something in their personal life. But hats off :happy: to him and poke in he eye to his critics.

To be fair, most players don't have a dip in form that lasts for 2 years. What ever the reason, it's good he's found a bit of form because he's a decent player.

He was a decent player, and still is a decent player. he is, as stated above, not as fast as some, and he has lost his place in the starting 11 (squad too) through a combination of injury, illness AND the form, favour of competition for the place on the wing against tough colleagues - we rarely play 2 wide players but have him, Wozza, Westy, MacL, sometimes Willo and now also, seemingly Loza looking to play down the side(s).
IMO too many options for PB and at least a couple of those will not be re-contracted for 2016/17 season with us.

I have been critical of him last few season, and I think justifiably but he was excellent yesterday. Looks like he's lost a bit of weight too.

That his contract runs out in 3 months.

I think this is a little harsh, we had speedy, younger players who were brought in when he was injured and he's just not really had the opportunity to get back in plus Brown had persisted in playing narrow teams more recently.

On his best days he is better than Gower was in a promotion winning side on merit.
Tilly sides always had goals in them, unlike Browns of course.:winking:

I thought he had a great game at times yesterday. Only negatives were he didn't track back quick enough, didn't hug the touchline and seemed to be chopping and changing with Wordsworth too many times
However, he had a good game and delivered some top quality crosses

if he can keep his form up towards the end of the season i hope he is rewarded with a new contract

Blows hot and cold. Thought yesterday he looked like he had lost some weight and certainly seemed more mobile. Interesting that his contract runs out in a few months, his main loss of form came after he signed his last contract. But on his day a real match winner and best crosser at the club

I think that often with him it is about confidence. He hit some bad form but this season and late on last season he wasn't taking the same risks and putting balls into the box and shooting from distance, he was just playing safe and it seemed to be playing on his mind. If he can get that confidence and form back it's great news.

I have been critical of him last few season, and I think justifiably but he was excellent yesterday. Looks like he's lost a bit of weight too.

I thought this yesterday too. I'd never have said he looked fat but he did look a bit trimmer

He played well first half but did fade second half. Maybe this was due to it being only second game back and like the rest of the team he did work hard. As for the weight, yes he does look a lot trimmer. I was thinking the same about Coker as well.

Class player.

Mainly been left out after injury or because he's not a typical Brown player but hats off for picking him at Barnsley where he was excellent and again yesterday.

Form is temporary but class is permanent and it's good to see a bit of class ( Hurst, Wordsworth and Payne) mixed in with the (very necessary) hard running and hard tackling.

The width helps Jack because it spreads the defence and gives him some space to work his magic.

I really hope that Kevan gets another contract.

Back