• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

MrB

Life President
Last night was Kev's 416th appearance in a Southend shirt. This season he's passed the legendary Ronnie Poutney in the all time list and three more appearances will see him equal Tony Bentley in 3rd place. Quite an achievement and at only 30 he could very well catch up both Sandy Anderson in second (483) and the record holder Alan Moody (506) if he stays for the next two seasons and plays regularly.

Additionally Daryl has now made 303 appearances which puts him in 15th ahead of Sir Chrissy Powell.

By all accounts Captain Kev's testimonial arrangements were discussed during his last contract talks, so I very much doubt he'll be going anywhere. He's been a fantastic servant to the club who hasn't been short of opportunites to leave but has stood by us in the face of some ridiculous treatment from our own fans at times.

Are you sure that he has played 416 games? According to stats on official site he has played 386.

According to Soccerbase he has played:
League - 350
FA Cup - 24
League Cup - 17
Other 26
Total - 417

Puts my total slightly out actually!

According to Soccerbase he has played:
League - 350
FA Cup - 24
League Cup - 17
Other 26
Total - 417

Puts my total slightly out actually!

...and soccerbase is pretty much king on these issues!

I can't think of one bad game amongst that lot as well. What a fantastic servant and player. Not only that he decides not to steal the limelight by letting other people score the majority of goals.

Long live Captain Kev.

I can. Most of the 97/8 season for a start and for once I'm being serious

Agreed, for once being serious back there were plenty of misgivings and poor performances, in the early days but the thing I always latched onto is the fact that he could read a game of football. You'll find that with most youngsters who have trained with top flight opposition. It's an old point but a succession of Managers and coaches, not just SUFC based have seen how vital he is to the team and built the side around him. One of very few players in the last 10 years that would make an SUFC all time hall of fame.

as an original member of the KMAS formed on the Yahoo site can I just say well done Kev. He ignored the moaners and just got on with it. Always been a good technical footballer, has improved his workrate and tackling. Pity about the shot ratio but as they say if he was perfect he would not be playing for us. :)<br>

I can. Most of the 97/8 season for a start and for once I'm being serious

Young Kid - The so called senior pros. at the time were fearful of their places that they would not even pass the ball to him. At times he was completely isolated.

But there you are. Now, as the senior pro. himself, he is undistbutably outstanding !

Ever since I slagged him off on here he has started to up his game!

Maybe I should do that more often!

Well Done Kev some excellent form of late!

Back