• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Post-Match Thread and Ratings Kidderminster Harriers 1-2 Southend United

I think we need to cut him some slack. This was his first competitive game of the season. He’d come off the bench. He maybe trained once with this side. He’s not going to be at his sharpest.

I was impressed by the composure to take the touch past the defender and try and dink the keeper. It didn’t come off but most times if a forward just strikes it the keeper saves/the defender blocks anyway. The vision, fast feet and audacity to try that is something I haven’t really seen in a Southend shirt since Freddy. I hope people don’t try and dampen that part of his game in favour of being predictable. It’s like people yelling shoot when someone doesn’t have a clear sight on goal.

I thought his touch has improved since last season. It was more decisive and shows he’s developing. He’s still a raw prospect but I like that he’s improving. Bodes well for his career. Just a pity that he’s no longer our player. Thank God we won’t have Ron in charge any more letting our best prospects walk as he won’t pay his taxes.
Agreed it was a lovely bit of play and I’m just trying to point out that to become a complete striker at a decent level players should be converting when in a goal scoring position like that, but like Kanu where he seems to have a bit more natural goal scoring instinct
I’m glad his back and like the way he finds little pockets of space to play and make time for himself on the ball

I always thought the best fan retort I ever heard was in the West Stand many years ago. A fella down the front bellowed a stream of vicious expletives at the linesman, slight pause…, ‘thank you Vicar!’.

That was surpassed today, following the chant
‘He’s out of our club, he’s…..etc…. Ron Martin he’s out of our club’. A wag instantly quipped ‘subject to conditions’. Bravo sir.😂👏

Good win but not a great performance. We were a bit overrun in midfield, with their no. 11 lambert outstanding. Noor and Fonguck didn’t get going.

Thought Brooklyn was excellent up front, but Vilhete struggled a bit - impact sub vs tired players for me.

The first save from Colin was special, but the third was amazing. Well done lad.

Overall. Good 3 points, a few bodies in - notably up front and who knows.

‘He’s out of our club, he’s…..etc…
Ha ha ha ha ha, so that's 5% if that (and that includes fevermonger @Mr Browns Ghost, the most vociferous 'if people are saying show up, why aren't they) (oh he couldn't be bothered to drive down from Norfolk)) actually should have turned up, imagine how quickly things could have been achieved.

Anyone speak to Justin while he was at the game? Bet he was beaming after today.

Just in from a night out with friends. Left on the final whistle and made it home with 15 mins to spare. What a day, what a result but arguably a poor performance. Scored a couple of good goals but rode our luck. Thought Kiddie looked better than Bromley so hard to see how they are so low in the table. If not for the magnificent Colin in goal we could have lost. Three huge saves inside 5 mins of each other.

Colin mom 9
GSM didn’t look 100% fit today 6.5
kensdale, Taylor and Ralph stuck to their tasks well 7
Bridge didn’t see loads of the ball but two assists 7
Husin worst game fir a long time, nothing came off for him 6
Wes same as Noor 6
Coker best of the midfield and got his goal 7.5
Brooklyn worked hard and did a job 7
Vihlete played well and tried to make things happen 7.5

sandat showed some classy touches, should have had a penalty and defo should have scored and instead of being clinical tried a fancy chip that went wide

so an ugly win, but we played better last week and lost. 5 points off bottom four, 8 off the play offs. Boxing Day looking like a sell out or close to it and a huge game vs Barnet. embargo I believe will be lifted on the 27th so hopefully more new players in before the 30th

well dove to Kev and co that was a performance full of grit and determination. To my fellow 640+ travelling shrimpers well done again, class support as always

A very important win yesterday considering the circumstances, and more importantly the news we’ve all been waiting for re the takeover! Some thoughts:

Kidderminster’s press forced us to play long during build-up much more than usual, meaning it wasn’t the prettiest match to watch. In Cardwell’s absence, we lacked the combination of movement and physicality needed to consistently play passes beyond Kidderminster’s defence for someone to run onto. However, we still had a physical presence at #9 by using Kabongolo in that role.

This meant that we were still able to effectively challenge for aerial duels when we went long over Kidderminster’s press, towards Kabongolo. Consequently, we had to challenge for a lot of second-balls in the midfield to try and initiate attacks this way. This, coupled with Kidderminster’s long-ball style, meant that there were a lot of second-balls to challenge for at both ends of the pitch, and the match became quite transitional, with both sides having spells of pressure without dominating.

Due to neither Southend or Kidderminster being able to consistently exert enough control on the match, it became more about taking chances as and when they came, and there was a higher importance placed on set-pieces.

As the second half went on, and as the home side who were behind and looking for an equaliser, Kidderminster managed to have more control and more prolonged spells of pressure. This is where we had to stay compact in defence, and fortunately Collin’s pulled off a few top saves (very impressive, especially considering it’s his first match back from injury).

This presented us with more opportunities on the counter-attack as the match went on, with Kidderminster searching for an equaliser, with Sandat having one particularly good chance towards the end of the match that he unfortunately wasn’t able to take.

Top atmosphere in the away end! Let this coaching team do their jobs properly and watch us fly. Merry Christmas, everyone! 💙🇦🇺

Looked the like of a couple of the Kiddy midfielders and certainly got the better of Husin wes and Coker for long periods - I wonder whether after that performance they make it onto the sacred white board

A great day in our history with a battling 3 points on the road at a new ground for me. Nice to sample the delights of the M40 for a change and a welcoming Brew Dolph beer in their tidy clubhouse. The ground and facilities had all the makings of an ex football league club. £7.50 to park though, wow, they must have a tidy income from that this year.

Onto the game and it was a blustery day and right to forget the passing game. We relied on energy, endeavour and work rate to gain the win. Enter Mauro Vilhete for his full debut who was like a pesky fly not giving them any room to play. I thought Kiddie were quite good and not relegation material, but you could sense the anxiousness from their inability to gain points. I saw some of that frustration from a couple of their fans who were looking for a scrap at the end of the game. Welcome return from Collin who obviously secured our 3 points. Really we should have been out of sight with the denial of the most blatant penalty I have seen in my lifetime. How we also got all the yellow cards also, same complaints every week.

Andeng-Ndi 9 MOTM
Taylor 7
Kensdale 7
Ralph 7.5
Scott-Morris 6.5
Coker 7
Husin 6.5
Fonguck 5.5
Bridge 7.5
Kabongolo 6.5
Vilhete 7

Sandat 6.5

Collin head and shoulders man of the match. Welcome back to Henry Sandat who looked lively and should have had a goal for his efforts. Onto a double header with a resurgent Barnet who put 6 past Boring Wood? I think Kiddie could give them 2 good games over Xmas and heap further pressure and embarrassment on Luke Garrard. Merry Xmas. UTB.

Last edited:
May be an image of 1 person, playing football and text that says Thanks mate! SHN focus-images.co.uk

Back