• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Echo News Kiernan set for Blues comeback

Hadn't Richard Jobson been out for nearly two years with knee problems when he came here, thought he had an excellent spell with us before going on to play another fifty games for Manchester City, and he was thirty four years old then?
Thinking about it, I guess Paul McGrath had more than his fair share of injuries and operations and he played a very high level for many years.

Hadn't Richard Jobson been out for nearly two years with knee problems when he came here, thought he had an excellent spell with us before going on to play another fifty games for Manchester City, and he was thirty four years old then?

Yeah- funnily enough, a Man City fan who I know spoke to Jobson a few years after he played for us, and we were going to sign him, but his wife wanted to stay in Manchester.

Provided the fitness is maintained then I agree with you completely. The thing is that they have both, for different reasons, been long term injury prone. As for Turner, and for that matter John White, I'm very glad we still have them, otherwise our plight in defence may have been even worse.

Agreed. Happy we still have White and Turner. I just think long term, Lennon and Kiernan are obviously better options, when fit. Turner can't play twice in a week and at 35 and with his lack of movement, I think his playing days could even end at the end of this season.

I think we're getting ahead of ourselves when talking long-term about a player that hasn't played in the best part of two seasons, and another who I don't think has managed to play a full 90 minutes for the club without getting injured. One day and a time with these players before we have some basis to make long-term plans.

As for Turner, he may not be able to play two games a week and his mobility might be lessening but he's nearly ten years Kiernan and Lennon's senior and managing to stay fit for selection. I don't think that should be overlooked.

Turner hardly played in the 2 seasons before he joined us - Kiernan has been nursed back to fitness very slowly - as long as his condition - it wasn't a common injury has been cured and he has no pain nor lost mobility I reckon he will be back very soon - we need to tighten up and stop conceding early goals - replace him after an hour - he will lack match sharpness but I bet he is quicker than Turner and will read the game to get him through

We still have Moore for now, so which centre pairing? How about (when fit) Lennon and Kiernan with Moore in front, sort of a 4-1-3-2?

The standard of physical condition and footballing ability at this level in 2018/19 is light years ahead of what it was in 1997/98 so might not be the best comparison, but I see what you’re saying.

Agreed. Happy we still have White and Turner. I just think long term, Lennon and Kiernan are obviously better options, when fit. Turner can't play twice in a week and at 35 and with his lack of movement, I think his playing days could even end at the end of this season.

I understand Turner will be retiring at the end of the season, and had originally intended to retire last summer before being talked out of it by CP.

Back