• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Breaking News Klass Signs New Deal

Am I missing something, pleased for him that his got a new deal but is he really going to challenge for a first team spot this season ?

Love it seeing the" Sign here" sticker.

Always find it funny when giving documents to sign to directors at our company and rather than read the actual document they always flicked through to the sticker and just signed. Could have been handing over the keys to their house and car they would have been none the wiser.

Good to see another signed up though

Am I missing something, pleased for him that his got a new deal but is he really going to challenge for a first team spot this season ?
Klass by all accounts is one of the most talented we have- its about putting that to good effect. Hopefully he can finally take that step with MM.

As we know its part talent and part attitude/motivation.

I’ve always rated Klass to be honest. It’s possible his Attitude may be a little suspect as he has it all really, ability, size, strength and engine.

I’d put him ahead of Phillips and Gard, but I don’t see our first choice centre mid being anything other than Demetriou and Bridge.

I know one of the coaches at Bromley and he said that he’s got talent, but is far too inconsistent in showing it. He reckons he’s one for the future, but not for now, which is why he didn’t start regularly for them.

So it’s very much down to Klass to now step up, as he’s 21 after all. Molesley might just be the man to get him to realise his potential. He was brilliant in that 3-3 draw with Portsmouth wasn’t he?

I’ve always rated Klass to be honest. It’s possible his Attitude may be a little suspect as he has it all really, ability, size, strength and engine.

I’d put him ahead of Phillips and Gard, but I don’t see our first choice centre mid being anything other than Demetriou and Bridge.

:Stunned:

Wow, he hasn't even signed yet.

I'd have put Demetriou and Phillips as our first choice pairing. I may be reading too much into Phillips being the only one under contract for 2021/22 though. I seem to recall you were less keen on him though.

Tot
I know one of the coaches at Bromley and he said that he’s got talent, but is far too inconsistent in showing it. He reckons he’s one for the future, but not for now, which is why he didn’t start regularly for them.

So it’s very much down to Klass to now step up, as he’s 21 after all. Molesley might just be the man to get him to realise his potential. He was brilliant in that 3-3 draw with Portsmouth wasn’t he?

Totally agree. Has all the attributes to make it as a central midfielder but as we all know, it’s all about the 6 to 7 inches in between the ears...

Very much how I've rated him. He's showed the odd flash of quality, but then slips up with a basic error / poor judgement.

I'm quite happy he's stayed on though, think MM will be able to get something out of him

:Stunned:

Wow, he hasn't even signed yet.

I'd have put Demetriou and Phillips as our first choice pairing. I may be reading too much into Phillips being the only one under contract for 2021/22 though. I seem to recall you were less keen on him though.

I’m not overly sure on Phillips yet, myself.

I liked the look of him during his brief cameos last year, but I’m cautious whether that was due to the circumstances at the time. I hope he can carry that form for an entire season.

And that goes for the rest of the young’uns too. It’s one thing to have a decent game when you’re flying on adrenaline & the expectations of you are low, but a completely different kettle of fish when people expect you to be the next Kevin Maher.

I’m not overly sure on Phillips yet, myself.

I liked the look of him during his brief cameos last year, but I’m cautious whether that was due to the circumstances at the time. I hope he can carry that form for an entire season.

And that goes for the rest of the young’uns too. It’s one thing to have a decent game when you’re flying on adrenaline & the expectations of you are low, but a completely different kettle of fish when people expect you to be the next Kevin Maher.
Let’s not forget Maher got plenty of stick from our fans in his first few seasons. I rate Phillips highly I just worry about his strength and ability to stay fit for a good run of games .. like many he’s got lots to prove. MM seems to be a good man manager and actually talks to his players, so hopefully he’ll bring out the best in the likes of Klass, Phillips and Clifford. I’m definitely looking forward to seeing how these players perform in L2.

I’d love to see him make it this season, I’ve seen him play a few times and think the best I’ve seen of him was a friendly at the start of last season I think against bishop stortford, seen him in trophy games and goes missing a great deal or just isn’t consistent enough, must show glimpses of talent in training tho to warrant another deal.

I thought that last season would be a breakthrough one for Klass following his performance against Portsmouth the season before plus a few other cameos but he clearly didn't impress Bond or Campbell enough to be involved.

Glad he has signed and I still rate him but he needs to up his game to challenge the likes of Phillips and Gard, who look like they have leapfrogged him in the pecking order. Think MM could be the ideal manager for him to achieve that.

I think we need to be careful in August of talking about who’s leapfrogged who based on less than 2 games of football each.

I rate Klass and Gard. Less so Phillips, but all three have talent and all three will need to be focussed, dedicated and injury free to nail down a regular place.

Hopefully MM's "can do - but work hard" attitude and encouragement will help bring Klass and others on in their game. We may yet have unearthed treasures already in our squad and youth. Are we allowed to be optimistic? I'm looking forward to our team being properly managed at last.

My one positive memory of Bond was at Weymouth last season in the friendly when 007 told Klass, after the latter went down all too easily in a tackle and started rolling on the ground, was to stop moaning and get up - which he did.

Hopefully Klass will respond a bit better to MM

Back