• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Breaking News Klass Signs New Deal

:Stunned:

Wow, he hasn't even signed yet.

I'd have put Demetriou and Phillips as our first choice pairing. I may be reading too much into Phillips being the only one under contract for 2021/22 though. I seem to recall you were less keen on him though.

I hope that Demetriou is not a regular starter for the Blues this coming season. I think his days are numbered as a Blues player due to his injury record. We must be creating a midfield pairing for the future. He is not our future.

I hope that Demetriou is not a regular starter for the Blues this coming season. I think his days are numbered as a Blues player due to his injury record. We must be creating a midfield pairing for the future. He is not our future.
He might not be the long term future or play every game. But he is capable of playing most and has impressed in a CM role. Unless we get someone better for £1.5 pw the team will picked on capability/merit now and he will quite often be in it.

I may be reading too much into Phillips being the only one under contract for 2021/22 though.

My understanding of this is that it’s age related.

The club (or Rons) policy is to always add a years option to all player contracts. It’s always the clubs option, not the players. Meaning that providing Ron notifies the player by the correct date, he has an extra year safety net to safeguard against losing them on a free. It’s quite unusual for that year to not be taken up by the club.

Phillips is 23, next month I believe, and so had he been offered a year contract (like Clifford / Gard etc) with a 1 years option, Ron would’ve been faced with either not taking up the option and him being available for no compensation or taking up the option and Harry being over 24 by the end of it and available without youth compensation by the end of that year.

By making it 2 years with a option he’s given himself an extra years grace.

He’ll either not take up the option or he will, but either way he’ll know by then, aged 26 if he’s still a financial asset or not.

The other players (Clifford, Gard etc) even at the end of their years options will be under 24 and still have value from the youth compensation scheme soRons covered either way.

Call him what you like but Ron knows how to protect himself (and in turn the club) financially.

He might not be the long term future or play every game. But he is capable of playing most and has impressed in a CM role. Unless we get someone better for £1.5 pw the team will picked on capability/merit now and he will quite often be in it.

Personally I would have Dieng in that role with a younger player. If you are stating that the team will be picked on capability/merit now the 1.5 GBP pw salary doesn't become a factor.

I think we need to be careful in August of talking about who’s leapfrogged who based on less than 2 games of football each.

I rate Klass and Gard. Less so Phillips, but all three have talent and all three will need to be focussed, dedicated and injury free to nail down a regular place.

Only Klass has had a real chance in the first team so far.Need to see them a lot more at that level,But Phillips certainly is one with great potential .

As long as he’s sufficiently fit,Demi will be the best choice in whatever position MM needs: captain,centre-mid,wide-right midfield,wing-back or RB even—he’s still more reliable than Elvis.Captains his country.

Only Klass has had a real chance in the first team so far.Need to see them a lot more at that level,But Phillips certainly is one with great potential .

Klass has started one more league game than Phillips and Gard.

Personally I would have Dieng in that role with a younger player. If you are stating that the team will be picked on capability/merit now the 1.5 GBP pw salary doesn't become a factor.
Agreed- its all opinions. Demi has that night nastiness to him in midfield, and some will say Dieng goes missing to often in midfield.

You can easily plan ahead and map out games with Demi. In the build up to a Cyprus game he will be fit then come off with a niggle early the next game after.....Then take his time over the rehab.....Its nice to have consistency.

I watched Klass a few times and ended up being disappointed, He certainly possesses some skills and sprayed some nice passes about but lacked consistency and a little thing called running and putting in the effort in lackadaisical mode. Go prove me wrong young man

Back