• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Klopp Stepping down

This is sad news in my opinion...... 1 of the best managers to manage in the prem, loved his enthusiasm and passion for the game. Very honest interview he gave which gives you insight into the pressure of managing at the elite level which has taken its toll on him. Not just great manager but great person to.

Nothing wrong with the one we currently have. And when Mr Gareth Southgate has had his fill of the job, then along will come Mr Ernie Howe, simples.
You sure ? Thought he drove a milkcart :Winking:

• Haha
Reactions: RHB
he'll have a year or two off, but i don't know where he'd really fit. Real and Bayern don't seem right for him, i'd be surprised if he'd suit an international job with less time with the players. i like the guy, all the prem manager act like spoilt brats and he doesn't seem any worse than any of the others

Oh I agree 100%, Aston Villa was Gerrard’s audition for the Liverpool job, and it didn’t go well. Shame really.
Gerard was a great player back in the day, though we've seen that 's been the deathnell for quite a few managers.FWIW,i think he still might get the Pool job someday though first he'd have to have a succesful "audition" somewhere else.

Last edited:
THe Germans/press are over the moon..already they are talking/wanting that klopp will be in the summer either Bayern or Germanys next manager. Not sure about either,you can only lose and i hope/think he will never go to FC Hollywood (Bayern)...
Some people dont like it,but rather he would be Englands manager in the summer after GS knocks it on the head.But i dont think he will do that either at this moment in time

Couldn't care less, can't stand the bloke.

I can fully understand why some people might not like Jurgen but I can guarantee that everyone of those would love him if he managed there club.
Both a great manager and human being as highlighted by the following.

In 2020, a 10-year-old Manchester United fan wrote a letter to Jürgen Klopp asking him to stop winning every game: "Liverpool are winning too many games and you will soon break the unbeaten record. Supporting Manchester United makes me sad. So the next time Liverpool play, make them lose. Let the other team win... I hope I've convinced you to never win a game again."

Jürgen Klopp responded to him in a magnificent letter 😍 :

Dear Daragh, first of all, thank you for writing to me. I know you didn't wish me luck but it's always good to read from a young football fan so thanks for reaching out.

Unfortunately, this time I cannot accept your request, I have no choice. Even if you want Liverpool to lose, it's my job to do everything to help Liverpool win because there are millions of people around the world who want that so I don't want to disappoint them.

Lucky for you, we have lost games in the past and we will lose games in the future because it's football.

The problem when you're 10 is that you think things will stay the way they are now but if there's one thing I can tell you at 52 it's that it's not really not the case.

What I can guarantee you is that what will not change is your passion for football and your club. Manchester United are lucky to have you. Even though our clubs are rivals, we have a lot of mutual respect. That's football."

Still think he is a shoe in for the Brazil job, leaving the door open.

Contracts mean nothing in football, everyone knows that.
If he wanted the Brazil job he wouldn't have signed a new contract. He could have finished the season with Real and moved without Brazil having to pay compensation.

I can fully understand why some people might not like Jurgen but I can guarantee that everyone of those would love him if he managed there club.
Both a great manager and human being as highlighted by the following.

In 2020, a 10-year-old Manchester United fan wrote a letter to Jürgen Klopp asking him to stop winning every game: "Liverpool are winning too many games and you will soon break the unbeaten record. Supporting Manchester United makes me sad. So the next time Liverpool play, make them lose. Let the other team win... I hope I've convinced you to never win a game again."

Jürgen Klopp responded to him in a magnificent letter 😍 :

Dear Daragh, first of all, thank you for writing to me. I know you didn't wish me luck but it's always good to read from a young football fan so thanks for reaching out.

Unfortunately, this time I cannot accept your request, I have no choice. Even if you want Liverpool to lose, it's my job to do everything to help Liverpool win because there are millions of people around the world who want that so I don't want to disappoint them.

Lucky for you, we have lost games in the past and we will lose games in the future because it's football.

The problem when you're 10 is that you think things will stay the way they are now but if there's one thing I can tell you at 52 it's that it's not really not the case.

What I can guarantee you is that what will not change is your passion for football and your club. Manchester United are lucky to have you. Even though our clubs are rivals, we have a lot of mutual respect. That's football."
An absolute class act, English football will be much poorer without him IMHO.

And a fantastic person to who done lot of work for the community of Liverpool. He will be missed by majority of football fans.
Definitely.He has really bought into the community up there.Rafa Benitez has hinted he may have other reasons for leaving but who knows.But any top football club would take him certainly

Back