• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Knight Andy Murray?

Ricey

I’m a Mod, that’s unpossible⭐⭐
Staff member
I'm sorry but I will be absolutely livid if he gets knighted and David Beckham still doesn't get knighted. What does that guy have to do to be knighted.

Great achievements with the Olympics, Wimbeldon and the US Open but surely Beckhams achievements in football, helping Lord Coe with getting the Olympics and everything he does for charity is enough for the knighthood.

Thoughts?

Typical British overreaction. Yes it was a brilliant achievement, but a knighthood should be the highest honour attainable.

Just Cameron milking it as per usual, whilst his government cuts sport funding, builds flats on green spaces and generally does very little to get people active.

Very very few sportsmen deserve knighthoods, they aren't doing charity great deeds or clearing bombs in Afghan etc but they are making loads of money so the tories will probably make it happen and show today's society values (according to THEM). Rant done!

I think he absolutely MUST be knighed. And soon. Solely on the grounds of how much it will REALLY **** off our good friend LDN Fasto!

:smile:

Personally I think it's hilarious how wound up people get by things like this. It's a few letters in front of someone's name. If the Queen wants to make him a Knight, fine by me - I'll sleep easy tonight.

I'm sorry but I will be absolutely livid if he gets knighted and David Beckham still doesn't get knighted. What does that guy have to do to be knighted.

Great achievements with the Olympics, Wimbeldon and the US Open but surely Beckhams achievements in football, helping Lord Coe with getting the Olympics and everything he does for charity is enough for the knighthood.

Thoughts?

The precedent has already been set by Redgrave, Wiggins etc so it will have to be. What has Beckham ever won anyway?

Just Cameron milking it as per usual, whilst his government cuts sport funding, builds flats on green spaces and generally does very little to get people active.

Spot on with above, I just wish Murray yesterday had the guts to say this,when being paraded as a PR puppet by all party leaders yesterday, he had the chance to launch a platform for people of all abilities,rather than smile in front of the PR machine

I presume in to days ethics of working that PM paid for his ticket and didnot jump the queue for the hottest ticket in town

No, don't agree, Murray hasn't reached the consistency Wiggins had. I'm on Ricey's side in this.

He holds 2 of the 4 major's and won Olympic gold. Not arguing the case for him being knighted just saying he's at the top of his game right now.

No, don't agree, Murray hasn't reached the consistency Wiggins had. I'm on Ricey's side in this.

So 2 Grand Slams and two medals at the Olympics aren't enough? Wiggins has won (in the last 12 months) 1 gold medal and 1 TdF.

Whilst I agree it's a bit premature: these gongs are given out far too readily.

No, but then again I'm against any sportsmen being knighted while still active. He'll definitely get a knighthood, it's a just a matter of when.

To win the final was great and well deserved on the Day. Apart from that, it was the easiest route to a final that a Tennis player will ever have. We all knew the final would be those Two at the start because all the other great players were out, mainly carrying injuries. The other thing is that us Brits have put him under our umbrella, when in private it's well known that he wants England to lose at everything. But he will make more Millions in endorsements with the British thing. If not for that, he would have done it under the Scottish flag.

To win the final was great and well deserved on the Day. Apart from that, it was the easiest route to a final that a Tennis player will ever have. We all knew the final would be those Two at the start because all the other great players were out, mainly carrying injuries. The other thing is that us Brits have put him under our umbrella, when in private it's well known that he wants England to lose at everything. But he will make more Millions in endorsements with the British thing. If not for that, he would have done it under the Scottish flag.

That's doing his opponents a huge dis-service. He was taken to 5 sets by Verdasco, 4 by Janowicz. Both high quality world class players. I strongly believe he would have beaten anyone put in front of him - Feds and Nadal included. After all he beat the world No.1 in straight sets in the most highly pressurised tennis match I have EVER watched.

And give it a rest about the England thing, it's tired, cliched and boring - are you privy to his private thoughts or can you just read his mind?

These sports people earn vast amounts of cash and live the lifestyle us paupers can only dream about,Giving them further honours is plain silly,So IMO def no.

Bit like the debate with MPs pay,My thinking is if they are not satisfied with their current pay package go find a proper job.

Back