• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Lacks of new signings ..... could be fateful at

Welsh_Shrimperz

First XI
Iam starting to worry about the lack of signing, I thought being an League 1 side and being a clubs on the up would bring at least 4 new players in, but none so far, if we went another 2 week without ONE signing, I would press the BIG RED 'panic' button.

Look like we had an lucky break getting out of League 2 as most of League 2 side is signing better players than we got, we would find it harder has we lost to Lincoln at Cardiff. Ok some of the players we got is GOOD enough for League 1, having the 1st X1 who trust each another on the pitch, but what happen when we pick up injurys .... that what happen to Torquay last season & I don't want to go back to League 2!

There always an trailist at Pre-season matchs where Tilson can pick some gems, but getting 1 or 2 new players would calms some nerves from us who is worrying over the transfers as most of the League 1 side is getting good player too.

On Football Manager 2005, I kept the same team that got promotion from League 2 but nearly paid the price by not signing better players in summer, my mid-season loans signing save me from the drop.

Thankfully (or not if you're good at it!) football manager is not reality. We haven't signed any new players, that's true, but we really shouldn't start worrying about it just yet.

Although I get a bit nervous when all these players sign for other clubs, I still have faith and won't start to panic until a few days before kick off...!

I'm sure Tilly and Brush will do us proud...

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Welsh_Shrimperz @ July 01 2005,20:03)]On Football Manager 2005, I kept the same team that got promotion from League 2 but nearly paid the price by not signing better players in summer, my mid-season loans signing save me from the drop.
There's a slight difference between Football Manager 2005 and reality! I hope that wasn't a serious comment.

PS, shame FM2005 isn't reality as our next match would be in the League Cup semi final!
tounge.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Welsh_Shrimperz @ July 01 2005,20:03)]Look like we had an lucky break getting out of League 2
Luck had nothing to do with it.

Still a long way to go yet

[b said:
Quote[/b] (lee_sufc @ July 01 2005,20:27)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Welsh_Shrimperz @ July 01 2005,20:03)]On Football Manager 2005, I kept the same team that got promotion from League 2 but nearly paid the price by not signing better players in summer, my mid-season loans signing save me from the drop.
There's a slight difference between Football Manager 2005 and reality!  I hope that wasn't a serious comment.

PS, shame FM2005 isn't reality as our next match would be in the League Cup semi final!  
tounge.gif
Youre definitely better than me

I get us relegated every time I play it

I got us promoted once, winning 4-3 in the playoff final against Swansea. That was a magic game.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Welsh_Shrimperz @ July 01 2005,20:03)]Iam starting to worry about the lack of signing, I thought being an League 1 side and being a clubs on the up would bring at least 4 new players in
What you fail to understand is that we are no longer looking for players capable of playing in L2 but ones wo can easily hold their own in L1. I would be FAR more worried if we had made signings that were no better than the players we already have. The fact Tilson is targeting players of real quality IMHO fills me with real optimism for next season, and rest assured we'll have some new faces by August 6th.

I managed to finish in FM2005 in league one in 6th in my second season, after being promoted in 3rd from league 2.

I have now made summer signing this time round, and the bookies have me as one of the favs to go up

we will finish in a solid mid table position. good players. beaten teams at this standard before nothing to fear. the demand is the same if not less. these players can cope dont worry.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (southend4ever @ July 03 2005,21:58)]the demand is the same if not less. these players can cope dont worry.
Hang on. Are you saying this league is very possibly easier than League 2?

Back