• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Last season dvd

I'd buy one and so would my Dad. 489 to go! Was supposed to buy one for my dad for Xmas and was going to get one for myself as well but they weren't out then,

Then was going to order them online but they never appeared on the club shop online. So got my dad to pop down last month and he was told they had sold out. Totally bummed out.

Pretty sure if they had been released either at the beginning of the season or before Xmas you could have sold the extra 500.

You would think so but we still have a significant amount of League Two play-off winning DVD's left!

Have to agree Scriv .But that was then, this is now. It seems and it cannot be argued we have alot more fans now.At last the youth of Southend is Supporting us instead of a "London Team"...Obviously the club has to take economics into perspective, but I think 500 from last season is worthwhile, maybe not in a profit way, but certainly in a building the future way .,if that makes sense. :)

I saw a whole stack of them before the Leicester game. (Estimate about 40+ copies.) Before the Leeds game they had been removed and replaced with new scarves I think. Where have they all gone?????

Ill get one. Same as everyone else, was going to get it at xmas time but didnt. If someone is going to do some copies pm me and ill have a copy.

Lads the min order is 500, do you think we will sell that?

I'm not sure we will be if you can convince me otherwise I will see what can be done.

Yes, I am another who has tried to buy one and been told there are no more, im really annoyed about it!!

Anyone who wants to copy one for me, I will pay, just drop me a PM

Why not run a poll here on ShrimperZone?

There are almost 650 "active" members which represents about 6% of the average attendance this season. (How many of those "active" members are 'sock puppets'* is unknown but I guess it's not many.) Scriv has already indicated that there is a minimum run of 500, which is just over 5% of the average attendance. Therefore if 32 people indicate via the ShrimperZone poll that they would like to be given the chance to buy the 2005/06 season review on DVD, that would be a fair indication that there might still be a market for the product. Worth a shot?

* A 'sock puppet' is an additional account of an existing member of an online forum to invent a separate user. This may be used for fictional support of separate people in a vote or argument by falsely using the account as a separate user, or for acting without consequence to one's "main" account. It is often considered dishonest by online communities. I know for a fact that there are two or three people who use 'sock puppet' accounts quite regularly.

Scott, do you understand what "minimum order" means? I'm guessing it's not SUFC who have made the rule; it's likely to be the independent producers/duplicators of the DVD. I'm think you're being rather harsh on the club ...

I'm not sure we will be if you can convince me otherwise I will see what can be done.

Is that the "Everything went well with the last batch" minimum order, or the "We truly fouled up and certainly cost you some pre-season sales" minimum order?

I would hope that they would do a minimum order of say 250 - 350 after the way they messed you up before. Get Uncle Ron to have a word!

I think you could easily sell 500. I assume that's how many you had before and they sold out quickly enough, didn't they? And surely Scriv you could really push the sales with some masterful spin on the official site?! Although I would suggest you only mention it once you have fully working copies in stock.....

:guns:

If you're worried about forking out for 500 copies, can't you still work out some kind of deal with the manufacturers for mucking you about before Christmas? I can guarantee you would have sold many more if you had had a longer run-up to Christmas. Clearly many of us who have already posted on here would have got one then had we had the chance.

Scott, do you understand what "minimum order" means? I'm guessing it's not SUFC who have made the rule; it's likely to be the independent producers/duplicators of the DVD. I'm think you're being rather harsh on the club ...

I understand perfect Mike what I am saying is profits aside some degree of customer service SHOULD be installed time and time again the club try and shaft us on thing like this and everybody plays upto them

I don't see the club "shafting" anyone. They produced a specific number of end-of-season DVDs (albeit late) and they sold out. It's tough luck on those that didn't get one but I can't see the club ordering another 500 DVDs if only 20 or 30 people are actually interested in purchasing a copy. It's probably more effective to locate someone with a duplicator ...

Scriv if your reading this is it possible that we could get some Southend United watches made? The other thing is I don't know if you went up to The Stadium of Light, but what a fantastic club shop they had. I am sure you could get some ideas for new products up there. Also, is there any chance of getting some Southend United car window stickers made other than that silly minature football shirt thing that's on sale.

cheers.

Addwebb made me a DVD of the QPR game and it works an absolute treat (cheers adam). I also missed out on the DVD and would very much like one. If the club decide not buy any more i pray to god that adam gets one and he can make money out of it!

I don't see the club "shafting" anyone. They produced a specific number of end-of-season DVDs (albeit late) and they sold out. It's tough luck on those that didn't get one but I can't see the club ordering another 500 DVDs if only 20 or 30 people are actually interested in purchasing a copy. It's probably more effective to locate someone with a duplicator ...

Well here is a punt.... Order 500 and what ever is not sold by the end of the season I will buy the rest at the wholesale/cost price

I will lay my money on the line to help the few!

Wont the club?

Back