• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SUFC_Ross

Coach
I was in westcliff last night round the Mrs' house and was watching late kickoff, watched charlton, milwall, QPR, Orient, then Brentford and then I realised I had BBC London on, why on earth am I getting BBC london in westcliff? It really P***** me off its not as if im well out the southend area or anything.

Rant Over

Watched it this morning as its to late for me having to get up at 4.30 for work .Phil brown was show in a good light .It shows he has SUFC in his heart the same as he has had all his other clubs he has managed . Seeing him on the training ground shows that the players like what he is about and he gets stuck in with the players . Lets hope we get up because in my view thats the most Phil brown and his squad have worked so hard for this season .

If you were watching or recording it on BBC HD then it wouldn't have shown the Southend segment because the HD channel is not regional. It was an enjoyable interview and interesting to see more behind the scenes - definitely worth watching on BBC iPlayer.

BBC East version of LKO, which covers us, is available on Sky Channel 961 if you are badged to London.
Basic litmus test is that if you get Look East regional news at 18:30 then you will get the right edition.

BBC One HD is national and not regional at this stage and shows one of the regional versions of the show in rotation, last year I found myself watching the Yorkshire edition.

Should you be interested in another part of the country for any reason then the local channels are available in the Sky 970's, or, of course, on iPlayer.

Last edited:
BBC East version of LKO, which covers us, is available on Sky Channel 971 if you are badged to London.
Basic litmus test is that if you get Look East regional news at 18:30 then you will get the right edition.

BBC One HD is national and not regional at this stage and shows one of the regional versions of the show in rotation, last year I found myself watching the Yorkshire edition.

Should you be interested in another part of the country for any reason then the local channels are available in the Sky 970's, or, of course, on iPlayer.

Those of you with dyscalculia when accessing channels 970 or 971 will be able to view Babestation or Mature Housewives.

I was in westcliff last night round the Mrs' house and was watching late kickoff, watched charlton, milwall, QPR, Orient, then Brentford and then I realised I had BBC London on, why on earth am I getting BBC london in westcliff? It really P***** me off its not as if im well out the southend area or anything.

Rant Over

Depends what is the strongest transmitter signal as to what you get first. Most modern televisions will pick up virtually all BBC signals and are capable of giving you whatever BBC regional you want. Check out the TV menu and see if you can swop out BBC 1 London for BBC 1 East.

As others have said, BBC East covers Shrimpers. Also ITV Anglia news every evening at 6pm covers Shrimpers. It is also good at covering issues throughout South East Essex. You are just as likely to hear about news in Shoeburyness as you are about Ipswich. Basically, if you are interested in our area then switch to the East and Anglia channels if you can.

Re-reading my earlier post I made a typo.... BBC One East is Sky channel 961 not 971. :blush:

If you tune into 971 you'll be even more confused as that's BBC Two Wales... :facepalm:

I thought that was Babe Station?

Full episode is here. Our bit starts at 15:08

Tune in to the East version and you will often catch a glimpse of a wise fanzine editor as part of the fans' forum feature they run seemingly intermittently. I didn't make the cut this week

Tune in to the East version and you will often catch a glimpse of a wise fanzine editor as part of the fans' forum feature they run seemingly intermittently. I didn't make the cut this week
Looking forward to you decking the Col Ewe gimp in the last one of the series, Jai! :happy:

Back