• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Latest on Bailey

exactly the point I was trying to make, it was shameful the idiots jumping around on tv, everytime a goal went in, where has it got us?? nowhere
the fact is on the night, players like walker, bailey not good enough, if bailey thinks he is then let him f off

We are offering players more than £1k a week FACT (if my source is right).

Hopefully Bailey and Clarke will be off sooner rather than later and that will be pumped into the transfer kitty.

Fact: most overused word in our language today.

Fact.
On message boards only the word 'Discuss' is more annoying!!
Bailey is good, I still remember the glorious airshot volley attempt on his debut.. If he wants out then bi bi .. I will not give a toss about him , much like I dont about Eastwood, Gower et al

If it's true that Bailey wants 5k per week and is getting arsey about our inability to pay it then he has seriously lowered in my expectations. I can't think of too many League 1 clubs (Peterborough, Leeds and Leicester being exceptions) that could afford to pay that. Maybe if we went up we could have got closer to that figure but the fact is that we didn't. We weren't good enough when it came down to it and Bailey was part of the team that didn't turn up at Donny in our most important game of the season.

He's a good player but I support the club not the players, thanks and I'd rather have a club to support in the future than pander to players' over-inflated valuations of themselves. :madman:

We are offering players more than £1k a week FACT (if my source is right).

Hopefully Bailey and Clarke will be off sooner rather than later and that will be pumped into the transfer kitty.

Just noted your avatar! Needs a bucket of cold water thrown over it. Well Kev seems to be enjoying it anyway.

Maybe if we went up we could have got closer to that figure but the fact is that we didn't. We weren't good enough when it came down to it and Bailey was part of the team that didn't turn up at Donny in our most important game of the season.

Tbh I don't think we would have got much closer. We aren't a rich club and we simply cannot afford to pay a player that amount of money!

The thing I am wondering though is how much he would have wanted if we had gone up!

Well the player i know is on a lot more than £1000 p.w and he wouldn't of even turned up to discuss signing if he knew thats what Southend are offering.
Also can't see Furlong signing for a grand a week TBH , so somewhere along the line there is crossed wires.
I reckon, and its just a guess based on the player in Question i know, how good he is and how much i reckon T+B rate him , that the top earner is at the club and i'd say it is £2200 before add ons, and the average is around £1600 .

So if we are offering 1k then don't expect any players to be queing up at the door to sign .

Tbh I don't think we would have got much closer. We aren't a rich club and we simply cannot afford to pay a player that amount of money!

The thing I am wondering though is how much he would have wanted if we had gone up!

I agree we wouldn't have got anywhere near the £5k but given the extra income that promotion brings, there may have been a little more in the kitty to play with, although not necessarily to plough into wages when there is no guarantee of staying up.

Personally, I think it's a combination of the money and ambition that makes Bailey want to leave us. Having had a good season in League 1 (that petered out big time towards the end), I reckon he sees himself as more than capable of playing Championship football. That would also bring more money of course and would probably be a win-win scenario for him. Having said that, I think it's by no means clear that he will go on to become an instant success in the Championship and he will likely be warming the bench if he goes to the likes of QPR as has been rumoured. If he really is the money grabbing c**t that has been suggested then he'd be quite happy to do so and collect his pay cheque but I don't think it's that simple.

btw just spent an hour and a half with a few bods from SUFC and we are offering a lot more than a grand a week, that didnt come from a mate of the dog walker of ron martin this came from the horses mouth(official sufc people)

mark Warren was on a £1000 a week Five years ago in L2 so they've gotta be on more than that!

Back