• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

lawson

curly

everyone has been going on about how great lawson is but he dint seem like he was anything special to me but i didnt see him at the norwich game so i cant really talk

I don't think he's good/experienced enough yet to play a whole match, which is why if Gray is injured we could be in trouble.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (curly @ Aug. 29 2005,15:36)]everyone has been going on about how great lawson is but he dint seem like he was anything special to me but i didnt see him at the norwich game so i cant really talk
True he scuffed his shot, but he reacted well to pass to Bentley

Give Lawson a chance. He may need time to adjust and I think it's wrong to start judging him. If we had enough players, he wouldn't be called upon as it is probably still too early for him to make such a jump (and in such a game as today's as well). Let's not let him become a victim of circumstance.

rock.gif

im just saying everyone seemed to make a really big deal of him after the norwich match and i missed it

[b said:
Quote[/b] (curly @ Aug. 29 2005,15:46)]im just saying everyone seemed to make a really big deal of him after the norwich match and i missed it
He looked good throughout pre-season, but never really managed to last a full game

[b said:
Quote[/b] (curly @ Aug. 29 2005,16:46)]im just saying everyone seemed to make a really big deal of him after the norwich match and i missed it
Fair enough. I guess I'm just waiting for 'fans' to start ripping into him. Maybe I'm wrong. Hope I am.

Needs to build up some muscle, got the height and speed just needs his strength to come through.

For his 15 mins he did no worse than those on the pitch, and the back heel to Bentley who shot wide, was brilliant from Lawson, come on every one thought he was going to the by line to cross, and took out two defenders to give Bents the chance to shot

He has some promise but he's only a young kid. Was a passenger today and could not get to grips with the very fast pace of the game.

He's only been on the bench due to a lack of alternatives. Hence we shouldn't be judging him as though he's ready for the first team. He could do with a loan spell at a Conference South club.

He's only just turned 18, is naturally a midfielder and has never played in a game like that before, so give him a chance! We saw in pre season he's got talent, it's just a case of harnessing it. He had the confidence to tr that volley, but even when he missed it he had the presence of mind to do the backheel to Bentley. He only broke into the reserves last year so he's definitely fast tracked.

Lawson is definetly better on the wing than upfront, but at the moment, we have no other options ... (bar perhaps Gower)

The back-heel was good, but he clearly needs more experience, as someone said maybe we could loan him out to a Conference side for a while? I don't think he's quite ready for a full 90 minutes in League 1 just yet.

What it does blatantly show - as if we didn't know! - is that we are in desperate need to get a striker or two in as cover, particularly as we're missing Freddy for three more games, Wayne picked up a knock today, and good as the Goat's performance was today, I keep expecting him to suddenly run out of steam!

Lawson's very young and needs to adjust to the pace. We shouldn't expect miracles of him after throwing him in at the deep end in a match like today's.
Agree a loan spell could do him good. He's got the talent, let's hope he can make the step up in a year or so

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Upminster Blue @ Aug. 29 2005,16:36)]He has some promise but he's only a young kid.  Was a passenger today and could not get to grips with the very fast pace of the game.  

He's only been on the bench due to a lack of alternatives.  Hence we shouldn't be judging him as though he's ready for the first team.  He could do with a loan spell at a Conference South club.
I'd like to see him loaned out to Grays, but not yet though since at the moment he's required as a reserve.

He has the potential, and we are really throwing him in at the deep end, seems to be handling it ok really. Will be interesting to have this thread in 18 months time.

Back