• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Leaders Debate - Who won?

Who won?

• David Cameron

Votes: 6 16.7%
  • Ed Miliband

Votes: 7 19.4%
  • Nicola Sturgeon

Votes: 3 8.3%
  • Leanne Wood

Votes: 2 5.6%
  • Nick Clegg

Votes: 3 8.3%
  • Natalie Bennett

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nigel Farage

Votes: 8 22.2%
  • No clear winner/Bart

Votes: 7 19.4%

• Total voters
It's the sort of question, like the hypothetical one about the queue you'd like to be in at airport check in -the long one where all your bags etc are checked, or the short one where nothing is checked.It aint gonna happen.

HIV (and other medical) treatment ia an a priori right for all EU citizens.It's the sign of a civilised country whether it offers such treatment for other nationals or not.

So is using protection when having intercourse with multiple partners, or not sharing needles.

It's the sort of question, like the hypothetical one about the queue you'd like to be in at airport check in -the long one where all your bags etc are checked, or the short one where nothing is checked.It aint gonna happen.

HIV (and other medical) treatment ia an a priori right for all EU citizens.It's the sign of a civilised country whether it offers such treatment for other nationals or not.

I see so if we don't treat people from outside the EU we become uncivilised or less civilised.

Don't you think that it is wonderful that we can find money to do this when we underspend on areas such as mental health?

AAS is right about one thing that we all have different priorities...

The easiest solution.

Every single taxpayer should be asked this very simple question which is,

Would you prefer not to contribute to Health tourism,EU and overseas aid !Those who refuse will of course pay less tax so more cash on their hip,those who still want to pay,then let them.

No problem as long as my taxes don't pay to prop up dictatorships, get spend on nuclear weapons and used to pay for bankers bonuses amongst a myriad of laws that I find utterly reprehensible.

It was questions....and no you haven't answered a single one of them....we both know you can't, or you would have done so by now.

Its probably true that politically and socially we have different views, and hence priorities but if we put that in context and the NHS becomes centre stage, how can it be wrong to scrutinise where the money is spent and who on whether you be right or left?
The point is that Farage knows the couple of thousand cases of HIV is irrelevant to the sums of money politicians have to deal with, he was just using it for political gain. And I have used a discussion on that to point out a whole load of things that are financially more important. It's what is of value to me and analysing figures on Fararage's chosen subject for faux outrage is of no interest to me. That is the whole point for me. It just doesn't suits your needs so I'm sorry about that.

No problem as long as my taxes don't pay to prop up dictatorships, get spend on nuclear weapons and used to pay for bankers bonuses amongst a myriad of laws that I find utterly reprehensible.

Agreed.

So

No nukes
Stuff the EU
Bankers can do one
Faith schools are outlawed
Overseas aid budget cancelled
The Royals can fund themselves

Every taxpayer will have around £1000 extra in their purses/wallets so win win.

Agreed.

So

No nukes
Stuff the EU
Bankers can do one
Faith schools are outlawed
Overseas aid budget cancelled
The Royals can fund themselves

Every taxpayer will have around £1000 extra in their purses/wallets so win win.

If you add the legalisation drugs & prostitution we'd all be able to own a holiday home in Provence :smile:

The point is that Farage knows the couple of thousand cases of HIV is irrelevant to the sums of money politicians have to deal with, he was just using it for political gain. And I have used a discussion on that to point out a whole load of things that are financially more important. It's what is of value to me and analysing figures on Fararage's chosen subject for faux outrage is of no interest to me. That is the whole point for me. It just doesn't suits your needs so I'm sorry about that.

I asked questions that's all AAS, if you are unable to answer them directly that's fine , so no need to apologise.

Faux outrage is exactly what you posted earlier on this thread. Followed by lies and still avoiding direct questions... like health tourism ... yes or no and don't hide behind the aids argument I gave you a completely different example.

Perhaps you have spent too long with other spineless politicians, you certainly know how to bull****. Your big failure is that you're not following Ed Miliband's advice.... Don't throw the race card at people over immigration, it only looses labour votes.

Like most of the female Labour MP's you really are letting the girls down.

If you sit in the waiting room with the other A&E customers Mr Farage and wait for your number to be called. It may take around 4 hours for you to be seen but let's face it we can all take a guess at the cause of your ill health.
NF 'foreigners and the EU'
No, it's cigarettes and alcohol you blinkered old throw back.

Actually, it was testicular cancer and a plane crash.

Faux outrage is exactly what you posted earlier on this thread. Followed by lies and still avoiding direct questions... like health tourism ... yes or no and don't hide behind the aids argument I gave you a completely different example.

Perhaps you have spent too long with other spineless politicians, you certainly know how to bull****. Your big failure is that you're not following Ed Miliband's advice.... Don't throw the race card at people over immigration, it only looses labour votes.

Like most of the female Labour MP's you really are letting the girls down.
I think I'll just politely disagree with all of the points in this post and take up no more of your time.

If you sit in the waiting room with the other A&E customers Mr Farage and wait for your number to be called. It may take around 4 hours for you to be seen but let's face it we can all take a guess at the cause of your ill health.
NF 'foreigners and the EU'
No, it's cigarettes and alcohol you blinkered old throw back.

Good post, looks like your being converted.

As you now have no sympathy for any one who's health has been damaged by cigarettes and alcohol as its clearly self inflicted. I was just wondering if we could add HIV to the list. Or perhaps victims of date rape, I mean after all it usually happens after alcohol has been consumed.

What did you make of Blairs endorsement of Miliband...good or bad thing?
Mixed feelings on that. If an ex party leader backs the current one then that is better than infighting. And though Blair would generally be considered unpopular he did manage to win three elections outright and none of the current lot of any party are likely to manage that once. But Ed has made a point of not being a Blairite and the fact that there are more volunteers out canvassing this year than there were even for Blair's breakthrough speaks volumes about how party members feel this is more likely the party they want.
I'm happy for him to voice support from a distance.

Back