• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Leaders Debate - Who won?

Who won?

• David Cameron

Votes: 6 16.7%
  • Ed Miliband

Votes: 7 19.4%
  • Nicola Sturgeon

Votes: 3 8.3%
  • Leanne Wood

Votes: 2 5.6%
  • Nick Clegg

Votes: 3 8.3%
  • Natalie Bennett

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nigel Farage

Votes: 8 22.2%
  • No clear winner/Bart

Votes: 7 19.4%

• Total voters

amsemp

Director⭐
Was a very interesting watch indeed, but difficult to call and immediately divided opinions. What do we think?

I suspect they were all winners with the exception of the 3 main parties.

I thought that, irrespective of her actual views, Sturgeon did well. Clear answers, good on the defense and the attack, acted like a grown up.

Farages comment about HIV was disgusting.

From what I saw also, Nicola Sturgeon did herself most favours. That may play into the Tories' hands at Labour's cost.

The Welsh Nats (CC) have earned some BIG points and I will watch to see if that is reflected in the polls in the valleys..

Clegg may have also got back some respect, possibly too little too late.

Miliband was insipid, Camermoron too smug, Greens too airy fairy, SNP too anti English.

Farage was...........................Farage.

I thought it was disgraceful that the leader of the Labour party refused to extol the benefits of immigration (ironic given that he himself is the child of wartime political refugees) and merely limited himself to the worst kind of "me too" ism on the subject of welfare constraints on EU workers.

Proof positive (if any were needed)of the pernicious effects of UKIP on the British political system since 2010.

Thank God for the women leaders!

It became quickly obvious why the incumbent fails to benefit from these kinds of debates. It was a lot of the time "6 on 1" and Cameron had to deal with a barrage of arguments directed at him from even Farage, and I thought he did ok in fairness.

Sturgeon hardly had to handle direct criticism or hard questions on snp policies, so not sure who made her queen! Maybe she carried herself well, but she failed to detail satisfactorily where the money would come from for this massive public spending spree she insists on.

I thought that, irrespective of her actual views, Sturgeon did well. Clear answers, good on the defense and the attack, acted like a grown up.

The truth often is.

It became quickly obvious why the incumbent fails to benefit from these kinds of debates. It was a lot of the time "6 on 1" and Cameron had to deal with a barrage of arguments directed at him from even Farage, and I thought he did ok in fairness.

Sturgeon hardly had to handle direct criticism or hard questions on snp policies, so not sure who made her queen! Maybe she carried herself well, but she failed to detail satisfactorily where the money would come from for this massive public spending spree she insists on.

From what I heard/saw, no-one went into detail of how they would fund their various projects. A 2 hour debate on many issues doesn't really lend itself to that.

I thought it was called the national health service not the world health service !

I thought it was called the national health service not the world health service !

Any EU citizen is entitled to a European Health Card, (the old E111),which fully entitles them to free health care in any other EU country.

Along with the free movememt of labour, it's one of the great advantages of being an EU member,for all concerned.

Any EU citizen is entitled to a European Health Card, (the old E111),which fully entitles them to free health care in any other EU country.

Along with the free movememt of labour, it's one of the great advantages of being an EU member,for all concerned.

That is all very nice,yet the combined cost of the EU and overseas aid is £5,000,000 every hour every single day.

I thought Spain demanded a monthly payment for anyone moving there?

Bennett - did better than I was expecting in spite of a slightly nervous start

Farage - some good moments, but the HIV comment and his ridiculous GET REAL will live longer in the collective memory

Wood - out of her depth. To be fair, these were deeper waters to those she usually operates in. Did get a couple of decent blows in though

Sturgeon - did very well indeed. Peole in England might have been able to ignore her during the independence debate, but they won't be able to now

Clegg - did pretty well I thought and I liked that he attacked Cameron from the off (the look on Cameron's face!). But he's just so unpopular these days.

Miliband - when trying to come across as strong, he often ends up looking petulant instead. But got some good digs in and I'd say his overall position is certainly no worse than it was pre-debate, perhaps a little better

Cameron - the incumbent always has the most to lose in these situations and it probably worked in his favour having attention deflected by six others. As you were really.

Aggregated polls have Cameron *just* winning but for me there was no overall winner. If I had to call one though I'd say Sturgeon.

That is all very nice,yet the combined cost of the EU and overseas aid is £5,000,000 every hour every single day.

I thought Spain demanded a monthly payment for anyone moving there?

If you're self-employed yes-it's currently 264,43 euros a month for SS contributions.Otherwise deductions are made from your pay -as in the UK.

Incidentally, where do your figures come from?

If you're self-employed yes-it's currently 264,43 euros a month.Otherwise deductions are made from your pay -as in the UK.

Incidentally, where do your figures come from?

The figures are well published .

50 million per day EU membership
10 billion per year overseas aid

My understanding is that the treatment is free for all, regardless of whether they are an EU member or not.

2.3 Some overseas visitors are already exempt from NHS charges for HIV treatment. From
1 October 2012, an amendment to the Charging Regulations means that HIV treatment is no
longer chargeable to any overseas visitors and is provided in the same way as treatment for
other sexually transmitted infections for which NHS treatment is free to all.

So leaving the EU aside anyone as Far as I can tell qualifies for this treatment even if you are in the UK illegally.

Back