• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

League 2 Odds 2020/21

What about fans who won't be having the vaccine?

How would it be policed anyway?

The politics nobody knows about (or wants to see discussed on here), but once a treatment that the medical profession agree is suitable and the country has it available then it will be up to individuals if they choose not to have it: that will be the time when restrictions are completely lifted, quite clearly and obviously.

The politics nobody knows about (or wants to see discussed on here), but once a treatment that the medical profession agree is suitable and the country has it available then it will be up to individuals if they choose not to have it: that will be the time when restrictions are completely lifted, quite clearly and obviously.

Im not trying to make it political. We can discuss the restrictions for us fans without mentioning words like Boris etc.

I was talking to one of Southend's most well known stewards just a couple of days ago about likely restrictions and what he might have to face. At the moment the rumour is October but their is an active campaign to ease restrictions from friendlies onwards. Not fully but a gradual build up, which makes sense to me but who knows with the FA.

With death rates at zero for some days, I don't see a vaccine as the only time restrictions will be fully lifted.

Im not trying to make it political. We can discuss the restrictions for us fans without mentioning words like Boris etc.

I was talking to one of Southend's most well known stewards just a couple of days ago about likely restrictions and what he might have to face. At the moment the rumour is October but their is an active campaign to ease restrictions from friendlies onwards. Not fully but a gradual build up, which makes sense to me but who knows with the FA.

With death rates at zero for some days, I don't see a vaccine as the only time restrictions will be fully lifted.

The thing is, until there is a vaccine this is a disease which is in circulation, is invisible, is extremely dangerous and easy to catch, and could make any one of us a danger to other Shrimpers in the stands even if we believe we are completely well as Covid (and it’s transmission) can be completely asymptomatic.

Personally, I won’t take that chance with the lives of my fellow Shrimpers no matter what the guidance or how much it hurts the finances of SUFC.

However, lots of clubs and other faceless officials will be putting on pressure to open up stands in some form or other earlier than whenever a vaccine is available. They may generate a big enough head of steam to succeed. That would be a mistake in my view. But then I dont know everything either, I might well be wrong or worrying too much. However I’m not prepared to take the risk - my fellow shrimpers are worth more even than the club IMO.

Death rates zero for some days? Not what I've been reading. Also, the highest infection rate for 8 weeks has just been recorded at 1,012 in the past 24 hours. ?

I think we all (me included - apologies) have strayed off topic. Can we please return to the subject of odds for the forthcoming season. Thanks all

Re crowds coming back, I've just come back from a 3 night break with my family at Alton Towers and they didn't allow anyone on without pre-booked tickets, the lines all had 2m markers showing people how to line up and face masks were to be worn by everyone over 11, (in reality most people only put them on when they had to be in an enclosed area). Hand gel was available at every entrance and exit with repeated announcements to remind people what to do.

As for numbers well they kept a gap between bubbles and were very strict with it so for example a family of 4 would sit together then a gap in the same row of 4 seats then another family of 4, the rows in front and behind would be the same but offset so front to back contact was avoided.

Something like this would work well, I'm not sure designated seating for season tickets is viable though, you might have a ticket reserved and have to inform the club that you will be turning up so your bubble could be accomodated.

For me a successful season will result in survival. A very successful season will result in a top half of the table finish. A dream season will result in the play offs. Mark Moleseley needs a couple of season's grace before attracting any severe criticism from we fans (note that I said "severe"). He is starting from a dire position. We cannot expect miracles this coming season - miracles take a little longer. COYBs!!!!!

I think a realistic position would be 12-16th position. It will take time with such a young squad and inconsistent performances will play a part. Agree that we have a half decent starting 11 but any kind of injuries to that will cause problems. I’m looking forward to actually winning a few matches and getting right behind the manager and team because they will need it.

Surprised the odds are that short to be honest. Perhaps the bookies think we'll be making signings or keeping our better players. Even with the likes of Kelman, Humphrys and Bwomono we have a very weak squad for this level.

I’d take mid table right now. I’m hoping that with Goodship and Kelman up top with Humphrys just behind we will get enough goals to keep us up. Molesley will know how to get the best out of him. I do worry about our defence but White and Dieng should be okay for League 2.
COYB!!

I’d take mid table right now. I’m hoping that with Goodship and Kelman up top with Humphrys just behind we will get enough goals to keep us up. Molesley will know how to get the best out of him. I do worry about our defence but White and Dieng should be okay for League 2.
COYB!!

Good, optimistic first post. Be warned though, too much optimism is not 'de rigueur' here.

It appears to me the odd's are about correct, we all know that we have many doom and gloom people on Shrimperzone.
Too compare this season to the one when Paul Sturrock took over is really laughable.
Its too early to say Play's Off's or Promotion, but this squad is too good for non league

It appears to me the odd's are about correct, we all know that we have many doom and gloom people on Shrimperzone.
Too compare this season to the one when Paul Sturrock took over is really laughable.
Its too early to say Play's Off's or Promotion, but this squad is too good for non league
the difference is the players we have are used to losing and have been for 2 seasons. clubs do drop like stones sometimes, when the mentality is wrong. On paper we're too good to go down, but we have been the last couple of seasons too.
In a way we're in a worse position than under Sturrock. In a weird way they all started afresh with a clean slate, coz we had no players. At least there were no players with the hangover of losing every week

I don’t agree that we are too good to go down. I have seen many seasons where we thought that and we did. With Molesley in charge I don’t think there will be any complacency. However, key acquisitions are required to ensure we stay away from any relegation worries.

Back