• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

League One Top Goalscorer

IMHO 25/1 is fantastic odds, particularly as Leroy Lita's just left L1.

Course it does rely on Freddy staying past the January transfer window though......

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Angell Delight @ July 28 2005,17:25)]Course it does rely on Freddy staying past the January transfer window though......
Not if he joins another L1 side....

Any chance of someone cutting and pasting the full list of odds as my office firewall doesn't allow me to look at betting sites?
mad.gif

Cheers

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Upminster Blue @ July 28 2005,17:38)]Any chance of someone cutting and pasting the full list of odds as my office firewall doesn't allow me to look at betting sites?  
mad.gif

Cheers
Laurie Dudfield 10,000-1

Tes Bramble (following miraculous re-buy from Tilly) 50,000-1

Gangly Dave 150-1

25-1 is not bad odds on Freddy, might have a punt! Who's the favorite?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Whatever @ July 28 2005,21:21)]25-1 is not bad odds on Freddy, might have a punt! Who's the favorite?
Our no. 9 at 3s hopefully!

I might have to reopen my betting again. Problem every year seems to be I make a wad before Christmas where teams are consistent and then lose a wad when teams struggle with the pressure.*

*Of course, the losing wad is invariably bigger than the winning wad
sad.gif

Marcus Stewart is probably going to hit around 35 goals. Freddy has little chance of getting anywhere near him

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Beefy @ July 29 2005,03:20)]Marcus Stewart is probably going to hit around 35 goals. Freddy has little chance of getting anywhere near him
35 goals?! What was the winning total last year?

Having not checked their odds, I can imagine that it would be worth a few quid on Windass, Stewart, Bridges, Fryatt for starters.

I recon Freddy can do it if he stays the whole season, he has been in fine form pre-season, should be much fitter after his first real pre-season training, and at the moment it looks like Mitchell Cole is the type of winger who will provide plenty of assists for him.

You have got to look beyond Freddy I reckon. A lot of players in professional sports suffer a second season blip. This is where they become found out and aren't as effective second time round, for example, Jon Stead at Blackburn. First season scores a hat ful of goals in their battle against relegation, second season scores one all season. Kevin Phillips at Sunderland scored 30 Premier$hite goals first time around and struggled badly second time around. Andrew Strauss, scored a lot of runs in his first season with England, now his struggling.

Granteed, this doesn't happen to everyone, and I pray that it doesn't happen to Freddy but its a possibility. Look to the proven goal scorers or some up and coming star, for example Matt Fryatt at Walsall, top scorer in the Europen Under 19 championship at the moment and the final, featuring England is on tonight from 7 on Eurosport.

Talking of other strikers, I was interested to see that Akinfenwa was ruled by the tribunal to be only worth £35K - plus another £50K or so depending on appearances and then a 15% sell-on.

Makes the Torquay chairman look a bit bloody stupid when he was suggesting that Akinfenwa was worth about £350K...

rock.gif
oops.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Bucks_blue @ July 29 2005,09:45)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Beefy @ July 29 2005,03:20)]Marcus Stewart is probably going to hit around 35 goals. Freddy has little chance of getting anywhere near him
35 goals?! What was the winning total last year?
High 20s I think.

Stewart is a goal machine though. If he stays fit he'll murder defences at this level (apart from when he's up against Super Adam Barrett & co obviously....). Particularly playing for a Bristol City side who are surely finally going to ount a successful promotion campaign.

Back