• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Breaking News Lee Barnard...

If I was being provoked, I would glass someone depending on the severity of the abuse/violence being thrown at me. if I wasn't being provoked or/and had no reason to attack the bloke then I wouldn't glass someone because I'm not a thick as **** footballer!
Simple as that really!

If Barney has done it for no reason, he can go and jump in a lake to be honest!

If I was being provoked, I would glass someone depending on the severity of the abuse/violence being thrown at me. if I wasn't being provoked or/and had no reason to attack the bloke then I wouldn't glass someone because I'm not a thick as **** footballer!
Simple as that really!

And there in one is what is wrong with the youth of today.

No Cricko, If I was being attacked I wouldn't hold back and let myself be beaten up! Simple as that, I'm not affraid to admit that! At 20, I wouldn't say I was the youth of today really! If you read my post properly then you can see what I clearly mean!
I wouldn't glass someone if I didn't have to!

So if you where being attacked and your only means of defence from being smashed to bits was to hit someone over the head with a glass would you or would you not do so?

It's human nature, to protect yourself!

EDIT - LOL, you can't just highlight part of what someone has said and try and twist their words, that's ridiculous.
It's like saying this;

I hate everyone on this messageboard that has keyed my car.

Last edited:
Anyone who glasses anyone is behaving in a barbaric way. Having said that, if you were acting in self defence and were under a violent attack then I guess there might be some mitigating circumstances but I still can't comprehend being so complacent about the result of your actions as to want to try and do so in the first place, but then I'm more of a pacifist anyway. I wouldn't say it's the worst of the worst though....but what do I know?

So if you where being attacked and your only means of defence from being smashed to bits was to hit someone over the head with a glass would you or would you not do so?

I knew an ex-para who was a black belt in many martial arts, could cause imaginable pain with a pressure point and his little finger and would regularly throw me round a Dojo like a rag doll (nice chap!) and he said the best form of defence is to run away as fast as humanly possible.

Well that's the risk you have to take, if you hit someone over the head with a glass then you quite likely are going to do some serious damage.
But what I'm saying is if that's your only option then you are probably going to take it.

I'm not the type of person to go around fighting as there are many ways to deal with situations, one of them is to not have any enemies.

I would probably say that hitting someone over the head with a glass is quite near slashing someone in the back with a knife!

MK Shrimper, that advice is the best to take, RUN LIKE THE WIND. If it wasn't possibly though, then you'd have to resort to something, Everyone must agree with that, however much we think people that use improvised weapons or an actual weapon to harm somebody is scum.

Friends of mine have been stabbed, glassed, attacked, stamped on, threatened, been hit with baseball bats, but these attacks are all NOT PROVOKED, this is not the point I'm making.

This conversation is getting quite deeper than I imagined it would, but basically if you are going to be killed and your only option out of it is kill then you will kill! We might be civilised humans with a brain developed over thousands and thousands of years, to feel emotion and realise morals but at the end of the day we are programmed to survive. It's in our DNA. We can't help it. It's in the back of our minds. In know way would any of us (sane people) want to kill someone but if we had to we would! 99.99% of us won't ever be in that situation! THANK GOD!

No, you're probably right but in how many cases is it life or death or just the result of being rat arsed?

No, you're probably right but in how many cases is it life or death or just the result of being rat arsed?

I would probably say about 0.0001%
Probably less than that, not only from being rat arsed, but also from generally not having much in between those ears, being thick, having an adrenaline rush, not being able to control yourself, pressured into it e.g. 'He said your girlfriend was an ugly slapper, go and sort him out'.
That last one is probably the highest percentage of men attacking other men.

I'm glad you see what I'm saying.

I don't want anyone to think that I think glassing people in the 'ed is a great way to lead your life. That's not what I'm saying at all!

Well that's the risk you have to take, if you hit someone over the head with a glass then you quite likely are going to do some serious damage.
But what I'm saying is if that's your only option then you are probably going to take it.

I'm not the type of person to go around fighting as there are many ways to deal with situations, one of them is to not have any enemies.

I would probably say that hitting someone over the head with a glass is quite near slashing someone in the back with a knife!

MK Shrimper, that advice is the best to take, RUN LIKE THE WIND. If it wasn't possibly though, then you'd have to resort to something, Everyone must agree with that, however much we think people that use improvised weapons or an actual weapon to harm somebody is scum.

Friends of mine have been stabbed, glassed, attacked, stamped on, threatened, been hit with baseball bats, but these attacks are all NOT PROVOKED, this is not the point I'm making.

This conversation is getting quite deeper than I imagined it would, but basically if you are going to be killed and your only option out of it is kill then you will kill! We might be civilised humans with a brain developed over thousands and thousands of years, to feel emotion and realise morals but at the end of the day we are programmed to survive. It's in our DNA. We can't help it. It's in the back of our minds. In know way would any of us (sane people) want to kill someone but if we had to we would! 99.99% of us won't ever be in that situation! THANK GOD!
wolf_no-enemies-only-Meals.gif

I knew an ex-para who was a black belt in many martial arts, could cause imaginable pain with a pressure point and his little finger and would regularly throw me round a Dojo like a rag doll (nice chap!) and he said the best form of defence is to run away as fast as humanly possible.

serious q - was he from milton Keynes?

Dave, I think the problem is that you originally said you would not it unless provoked, you then moved on to say only in self defence. These are totally different things. Probably/hopefuly just a bad use of words on th original post

Simple as that really!

So for example, if you're getiing a kicking, & u decide to bottle someone, what's to stop their mates from doing you with a weapon? Never use tools. My old man drilled it into me as a youngster, you live by the sword, you die by the sword

Yep, you're right there

Never use tools. My old man drilled it into me as a youngster, you live by the sword, you die by the sword

Yep, you're right there

Cowards way out. Anyone who uses a weapon instead of their fists is a wimp. Throughout decades we have all heard of certain characters who should be avoided because they carry a blade or worse and would'nt hesitate to use it. If they were so tough then why carry something in the first place?. For proper old fashioned morals read the late Lenny McCleans book 'The Govnor'.

Back