• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Question Lee Sawyer released by Chelsea???

shaneyshrimper

First XI
Is this true? I have just read this somewhere else on SZ. Does anyone else have any news that they can add to this?

Is he worth a punt or damaged goods?

I have no idea if it's true or not but surely he isn't worth a punt, and wouldn't be welcomed back as he was sent back by us for a disciplinary issue. Once players step out of line with Tilson they don't seem to get back into the fold again.

He would need to bake Tilly and Brush a big appology cake before they would even consider him

I have no idea if it's true or not but surely he isn't worth a punt, and wouldn't be welcomed back as he was sent back by us for a disciplinary issue. Once players step out of line with Tilson they don't seem to get back into the fold again.

Not quite, he was dropped from the match day squad for failing to attend a pre match meeting, and subsequently requested a return to Chelsea, which was granted. But agreed, can't see Tilly wanting him back unless there were clear signs that his attitude had changed dramatically.

On the note of attitudes in football. Do you think in the coming years that more footballers will start coming from wealthier families. Those that can afford the coaching and send their kids to trials etc. I am not suggesting lots. But just more? It seems to be the way in other sports. Maybe not so much football due to the sheer numbers.

The problems with attitudes in football often stems from the parents for they all think their kids are the best and are over protective.

sawyer is such a quality player but he won't come back. it wasn't right here. what he did and why he couldn't get in the line up we will never no. wished it had worked out though.

IF he sorts his attitude out and shows Tilly & Brush that he has then we should get him but I highly doubt it. He is a class player and needs to sort his attitude and discipline himself more.

The whole Sawyer thing was such a shame, because I think we'd have signed him permenantly come January time when his loan spell had expired.

I doubt Tilly and Brush would have another look at him, but IF we was to get his head right then we saw in his first loan spell how good he is, and he showed it in flashes this time around.

I have heard rumours of off-field problems that affected Sawyer, and led to the issue with missing meetings etc. IF this are true, then I can kind of understand why his heart wasn't in it, coupled with the fact he had players in front of him that weren't better than him.

I hope he sorts his head out and goes onto be a top player, be it with us or somebody else.

This is a no brainer. - assuming he has been released

The maangement looks at the resons for releasing him and ask themselves is the position retrievable. Maybe being released will give him a majot kick up the bum and make him look at things differently. Conversely may be it backs up Tilly's original decsion.

I don't care if whoever needs to eat humble pie. If there is a way of gettiing a motivated Lee Sawyer for nothing that is not going to upsert the squad then we shpuld be doing it.

If its not possible then fair enough but it is plain stupid of the management to not at least consider this. Circumstances have now changed and this can elad to swift changes in attitude and view points

Where is Kanu Robson?????? He just left all of a sudden:stunned:

Back