• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Lee Sawyer

Shoebury Blue

Schoolboy
Released by Barnet - in the last chance saloon considering his past behaviour but clearly a gifted footballer.

Worth allowing him to train with us pre season with a view to doing a deal providing he doesnt mess up???

Barnet were one of the worst teams in the League last year and he couldn't do the business for them. I doubt he'll play in the League again.

He was released ages ago as he only signed a short term deal. Would have him back but there is no chance

Cracking player with a **** poor attitude, which is a shame and such a waste of talent.

Would love to see Sawyer back playing at RH but, sadly I do not think we will

Tilson is not the sort of manager to change his mind about a player once he has decided he doesn't want them so there is no chance of him coming back.

I'll happily eat my words if he comes back and knuckles down and performs at a level we think he's capable of.

we should at least be speaking to him . Maybe this is what he needed and he would come back to us wanting to 'prove something'. Forgive and move on I say

Barnet were one of the worst teams in the League last year and he couldn't do the business for them. I doubt he'll play in the League again.

Actually Beefy, at the time when he was released I had a look on the 606 Barnet board and they were SHOCKED to say the least at why they had let him go. It took him 2 or 3 games to get a start, but ended up playing more or less every game after that and was by far there best player, so all the Barnet fans were a little confused as even they said he was far too good for that level.

I would personally give him one last chance. Rolling contract. If he mucks up give him the boot, but actually play him this time!!! Far too much talent to let it all go to waste!

I would personally give him one last chance. Rolling contract. If he mucks up give him the boot, but actually play him this time!!! Far too much talent to let it all go to waste!

Good point. We should do what Barnet did, sign him up on a short contract and then decide whether to extend, depending on his attitude. With Macca and potentially Moussa going, I'm pretty sure that he will be getting alot more game time, plus we can reignite his partnership with Christophe in the middle when Grant is suspended (which will be a lot)

What we need more than ever is stability and a team ethic. Sawyer (who must be a horrible little wastrel for throwing every schoolboy's dream down the toilet) would upset that no end if we're just waiting for him to throw a paddy because he doesn't want to travel to Morecambe.

Sorry lad, you ****ed up your future and there's no one to blame but yourself.

Back