• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Leeds fans at it again....

seves

Coach⭐
Stanford-no-Hope to Spain now back in Darlo
Those loveable Leeds fans are at it again over on the BBC!

comment by Loveableleeds
we are already safe
no team below us are going to overhaul us
forget it
think about:
1. if we get any points back, can we get second place?
2. if not, who will we get in the playoffs? and
2b. where do I want to sit at Wembley?

If their is a god up there, he'll let the mighty shrimpers beat these ******s at Wembley!

If there is a God up there, Tranny or Walsall will nick their spot and Leeds will go into freefall and end up in the Blue Square Premier North.

1. think second place is out of our reach now. 2.forest in semis leeds scum in final. 2b. dnt care il be 2 drunk

2. if not, who will we get in the playoffs?

I bet none of these "bigclubitis" infected to55ers will actually care to provide a favourable comment about how they don't want to meet Southend in the playoffs as we are currently the division's form team!

Last edited:
Those loveable Leeds fans are at it again over on the BBC!

comment by Loveableleeds
we are already safe
no team below us are going to overhaul us
forget it
think about:
2. if not, who will we get in the playoffs? and
2b. where do I want to sit at Wembley?

If their is a god up there, he'll let the mighty shrimpers beat these ******s at Wembley!

A case of smallclubitis methinks.

Nothing there that hasnt been said by many people on here about us getting 2nd place or how many we would take to Wembley!

Last edited:
A case of smallclubitis methinks.
disagree:
we are already safe - no team below us are going to overhaul us -forget it
We're still looking over our shoulders at Walsall, we should be OK but who knows?
we had a glimmer of 2nd spot for a week or so, that's gone! & we would of done it fairly, not relying on those stupid 15 pts.
2. if not, who will we get in the playoffs? agree on that one, but no problem there
2b. where do I want to sit at Wembley? - sez it all

Well I feel we are guaranteed already, and there were discussions weeks ago about how many we will be taking to Wembley and I dont see how thats any more arrogant than that post.

I would like to beat Leeds at Wembley, but I fear it will dampen the day out when they get more tickets, and their larger numbers will drown our singing. Everyone needs to back The Blue Voice, was I the only one embarrassed at the second LDV when our rather lame 'Eng-er-land' was greeted with a monumental 'Men of Harlech' from the Taffs?

if the table stays as is then leeds won't get past Donny anyway so i'm not too worried about what they say.

Everyone needs to back The Blue Voice, was I the only one embarrassed at the second LDV when our rather lame 'Eng-er-land' was greeted with a monumental 'Men of Harlech' from the Taffs?

That was very embarrassing it has to be said and just goes to show how little singing we actually do on a weekly basis at Roots Hall (until The Blue Voice that is)!

By the way, can anyone remember/have access to what the crowds were (and approximately how many we took) for the two LDV Finals and the Playoff final in Cardiff? We were talking about the games a few days ago and I seem to remember that the playoff crowd was lower than that for the LDV Final that took place a few weeks before. I guess that's understandable given the distance and the disappointment of losing on both previous occasions in Cardiff.

if the table stays as is then leeds won't get past Donny anyway so i'm not too worried about what they say.

On current form, I know where my money would be, and it's those loveable rogues in white.

That was very embarrassing it has to be said and just goes to show how little singing we actually do on a weekly basis at Roots Hall (until The Blue Voice that is)!

By the way, can anyone remember/have access to what the crowds were (and approximately how many we took) for the two LDV Finals and the Playoff final in Cardiff? We were talking about the games a few days ago and I seem to remember that the playoff crowd was lower than that for the LDV Final that took place a few weeks before. I guess that's understandable given the distance and the disappointment of losing on both previous occasions in Cardiff.

Don't know the exact numbers, but I think we had about 20k for Blackpool, 18k for Wrexham and 7k for Lincoln. Many complained about the expense of going again for the play-off final, and I'm sure some were disheartened by two defeats. I'm not going to criticize the people who missed it, if you weren't there, you have suffered enough.

I guess the attitude of Leeds fans comes from the many years they have been successful in the top flight and Europe (to a small extent), and a lot of their fans will give it the "we are Leeds, we don't deserve to be down here playing the likes of you", whilst carrying a huge chip on their shoulder.

Leeds fans need to accept that they are we they are for a reason, and the points deduction did not get them in this situation, it was a poorly run club who decided that they were going to break the bank without thinking of the financial consequences.

I suspect that they would hate nothing more than to lose in a play-off final to "small fry" like oursleves, and I think it would be a poke in the eye for these big teams if either oursleves or Donny were to go up at theirs and Forest's expense.

They can rant on all they like about "past glories", but its now that matters in my opinion.

a final of us v donny with both the big(?) two missing out in the semis would be excellent.

I would like to beat Leeds at Wembley, but I fear it will dampen the day out when they get more tickets, and their larger numbers will drown our singing. Everyone needs to back The Blue Voice, was I the only one embarrassed at the second LDV when our rather lame 'Eng-er-land' was greeted with a monumental 'Men of Harlech' from the Taffs?

If we are fortunate enough to get to wembley then i'm afraid that whoever we play, the opposition fans will outsing us good and proper. We just dont have the experience of generating atmosphere in unison when present in great numbers. The noise generated by the 6,500 - 7,000 of us at the play off final was 100 times better than the 2 LDV finals. Southampton last year was absolutely amazing, again because the 2,500 of us were all together. At wembley with an estimated 25,000 supporters, many of whom will be 'daytrippers' and no doubt BV fanatics will end up in different parts of the ground, will probably yield a couple of chants of 'come on southend' when taking corners and that will be that. Hope i'm wrong if it happens but i doubt it.

If we are fortunate enough to get to wembley then i'm afraid that whoever we play, the opposition fans will outsing us good and proper. We just dont have the experience of generating atmosphere in unison when present in great numbers. The noise generated by the 6,500 - 7,000 of us at the play off final was 100 times better than the 2 LDV finals. Southampton last year was absolutely amazing, again because the 2,500 of us were all together. At wembley with an estimated 25,000 supporters, many of whom will be 'daytrippers' and no doubt BV fanatics will end up in different parts of the ground, will probably yield a couple of chants of 'come on southend' when taking corners and that will be that. Hope i'm wrong if it happens but i doubt it.

No Sir Billiam, I think you're right. We know that the Taffs are born singing (gangs of sinewy men, roaming the hillsides terrifying people with their close harmony singing) which explains what happened against Wrexham, but Blackpool were able to get a better roar together, and their gates are no bigger than ours. Maybe the old crowd from the Matthews era turned up for the day, rattles in hand?

Maybe we need to pass out a songsheet,sigh.

On the spot fines may do the trick perhaps for the mute ones.

I must confess to being mute for a while at the play-off final. A younger lad sitting in front of me, who never stopped singing (and respect to him), told me to sing up. I could only stutter, ****ed and coked to the eyeballs that I was 'too ****ing tense' and 'please leave me alone'. This may explain my near homicidal glee when Freddy scored.

I must confess to being mute for a while at the play-off final. A younger lad sitting in front of me, who never stopped singing (and respect to him), told me to sing up. I could only stutter, ****ed and coked to the eyeballs that I was 'too ****ing tense' and 'please leave me alone'. This may explain my near homicidal glee when Freddy scored.

I defo think you must have been sat near me that glorious day!

Back