• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Leeds fans at it again....

If we are fortunate enough to get to wembley then i'm afraid that whoever we play, the opposition fans will outsing us good and proper. We just dont have the experience of generating atmosphere in unison when present in great numbers. The noise generated by the 6,500 - 7,000 of us at the play off final was 100 times better than the 2 LDV finals. Southampton last year was absolutely amazing, again because the 2,500 of us were all together. At wembley with an estimated 25,000 supporters, many of whom will be 'daytrippers' and no doubt BV fanatics will end up in different parts of the ground, will probably yield a couple of chants of 'come on southend' when taking corners and that will be that. Hope i'm wrong if it happens but i doubt it.

IF we get there, hopefully there will be a "singing section" which would make the atmosphere alot better though. Either way wherever i'm sit I'm gonna sing and shout my bollocks off!

If we are fortunate enough to get to wembley then i'm afraid that whoever we play, the opposition fans will outsing us good and proper. We just dont have the experience of generating atmosphere in unison when present in great numbers. The noise generated by the 6,500 - 7,000 of us at the play off final was 100 times better than the 2 LDV finals. Southampton last year was absolutely amazing, again because the 2,500 of us were all together. At wembley with an estimated 25,000 supporters, many of whom will be 'daytrippers' and no doubt BV fanatics will end up in different parts of the ground, will probably yield a couple of chants of 'come on southend' when taking corners and that will be that. Hope i'm wrong if it happens but i doubt it.

IF we get to Wembley, then I am sure that Ron will sort out the section behind the goal for the Blue Voice, hopefully enough singers will want to be there to make something happen.

EDIT: Great minds, and all that...:)

IF we get to Wembley, then I am sure that Ron will sort out the section behind the goal for the Blue Voice, hopefully enough singers will want to be there to make something happen.

EDIT: Great minds, and all that...:)

Indeed.

IF we get there, The Blue Voice and the club will make sure there is a "Singing" section amongst other things, to help the atmosphere along a little...

Same applies to the Play-Off Semi's too...

I dare say the atmosphere against Blackpool in the first LDV final would have been a tad better if we had not let a goal in after 2 minutes & the same with the Wrexham game, if we had actually scored a goal it would have lifted the atmosphere.

I dare say the atmosphere against Blackpool in the first LDV final would have been a tad better if we had not let a goal in after 2 minutes & the same with the Wrexham game, if we had actually scored a goal it would have lifted the atmosphere.

Oh, I don't know, the atmosphere at Southampton last year was better at 4-1 down than it had been at 1-0 up I seem to recall!

I am assuming the reason the hearing got put back until tomorrow is due to both games being played tonight, this will give a truer picture of the league table as everybody will be on 43 games played (except Bristol Rovers & Swindon who play catch up next Tuesday night).

Do we take this as the Football League trying to create a level playing field to demonstrate what effect any return of points to Leeds would cause or do we take this as a negative thing in that they know they will have to give some points back and will base their initial offer on what maybe will cause the least issues. If for example Leeds nick 2nd place due to this decision, as stated before, I am sure Carlisle & Donny will seek legal recourse as I'd hope we will.

However, somebody raised an interesting point yesterday, saying they would far rather face a demoralised team who've lost out on automatics in the playoffs rather than a bunch of cheats who might regroup once again if their decision goes against them (much like they were for the first 10 games or so of this season!)

A case of smallclubitis methinks.

Nothing there that hasnt been said by many people on here about us getting 2nd place or how many we would take to Wembley!

well said mate

Im staggered at the comments about us on here...finally, someone with some sense

I bet none of these "bigclubitis" infected to55ers will actually care to provide a favourable comment about how they don't want to meet Southend in the playoffs as we are currently the division's form team!

if we make the playoffs, southend are the team I most want us to avoid, absolutely..I have a lot of respect for the shrimpers

if we make the playoffs, southend are the team I most want us to avoid, absolutely..I have a lot of respect for the shrimpers

I'm sure that none of us wants a game against Leeds if we had the choice.

I mean,you haven't conceded a penalty at home all season,which kinda tells a story.Ferk trying to play against 12 men.

I'd like Forest in the final as they're the original play-off shi**ers,they'd easily lose thier bottle.

Why, thank you very much.
Care to add this argument to the BBC then?
What is the average expectation from Leeds fans in respect of the points hearing tomorrow then?

What is the average expectation from Leeds fans in respect of the points hearing tomorrow then?

15points returned

PLUS

Another 15 points for the emotional strain of it all

PLUS

The 10 points deducted last season

PLUS

Another 10 points for being a big club...

Thats Swansea's title hopes well and truly ****ed then innit :D

lol cricko and irish shrimper

honestly, I come in peace and dont mean to start a mindless forum war!

I honestly don't know the full ins and outs of the case, and it is clear that Leeds

my main problem with the 15 point penalty is that Leeds were simply not able to regain entry to the football league by a CVA (as per the FL rules), therefore we were penalised unfairly.

Im NOT saying that Leeds are blameless, they clearly arent. I think you can make a case for 0 points being returned to us, the full 15, and all the points in between!

in theory we should get a lot back..in practise, because it will open a gigantic pandora's box of courtroom battles, I suspect we will get a very small handful

My hunch has been, for a while, that Leeds will get 5 points back, which will make our bit of the table very interesting...

:dizzy:

Yep, agree with that. Not enough to upset the automatics but will tip the home advantage for the playoffs in their favour to try & appease them!

COME ON HUDDERSFIELD TOWN tonight!!!!

not sure how that would work skyblue...cant run over 2 seasons and this would affect the sides coming into the division

Back