• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Ref Watch ...... Leeds

Mick

Life President
After getting over the shock of Kettle performing at least satisfactorily, we have the return of regular visitor to the Hall, Paul Taylor from Cheshunt. He is a very experienced official.

His two visits last season were not too successful with home defeats to Yeovil and then on Good Friday to MK Dons.

His previous appearance before that at Roots Hall was due to be his Football League swan song - the playoff match versus Doncaster - but he got a year's extension last year and a further one this year.

Seventeen years a League referee (would have been more but he got kicked off for a couple of years) with one season when he did quite a few Premiership matches. Refereed Southend countless times, other than the above, most recently Foran's (only) moment of glory against Burnley. Previous season the disappointing away defeat at Brentford and the somewhat better away win at Gillingham. Scorewise the most notable was the 4-4 draw at home to York, with Mark Tinkler getting their late equaliser. He invariably cautions McCormack (play-off excepted) although obviously that is not an adverse reflection on his refereeing ability.

He used to be a "safe pair of hands" in the middle and not prone to extreme actions. Was a FIFA referee. Refereed Southampton's last match at the Dell and Cheltenham's first game in the League.

It is fair to say that his extra seasons are proving a bit of a challenge with a much higher than average count for both yellow and red cards. He does not get around the pitch as well as he used to and when I saw him earlier this season, he didn't impress.

His 5 games this season have produced 25 yellows and a red but, in fairness, that did include the fun and games between West Ham and Millwall.

He will be assisted by Michael George from Norfolk and Phil Knight from Kent with Gary Jerden from Grays on 4th Official duties.

I wonder what proportion of SZ was signal this as their favourite thread of the week. I think more than 70%. Top notch

I always look forward to these.

I just wonder where you get all the info from? (no need to reply, best kept as a secret.)

Well done.

The ref had a very good game tonight. Might have missed one or two things, but nothing Major. I've no complaints.

The ref had a very good game tonight. Might have missed one or two things, but nothing Major. I've no complaints.

Are you sure? :stunned: Thought he was awful. Is this not the same ref we had for Brighton last season, the one that kept gurning at the west stand crowd while allowing Brighton to get away with murder?

I think I agree with that. It was a tough game to referee, especially with the home crowd crying foul everytime a Leeds player challenged for the ball (me included!) but he didn't buckle. He missed a few little bit and pieces, but nobody's perfect.

It was Yeovil.

The ref had a decent game. He made a few mistakes, they all do, but no obvious clangers. He also over ruled the poor assistant in front of the West and you don't see that too often. He didn't play to the crowd, and I gather from other that Leeds have had few decisions go their way this season, especially at Col U.

I will post more latter but what a :censored: ref. He was shocking, everytime the ball was challenged for he blew. I felt at times he was close to getting things heated on the pitch and off. Plus he not awarding a penalty at the end he gets a place on my hall of shame

It was Yeovil.

The ref had a decent game. He made a few mistakes, they all do, but no obvious clangers. He also over ruled the poor assistant in front of the West and you don't see that too often. He didn't play to the crowd, and I gather from other that Leeds have had few decisions go their way this season, especially at Col U.

Have we?? I know we have conceded three penalties so far this season that are very soft, i can't remember a time ever when ref's decisions have gone our way mate

I will post more latter but what a :censored: ref. He was shocking, everytime the ball was challenged for he blew. I felt at times he was close to getting things heated on the pitch and off. Plus he not awarding a penalty at the end he gets a place on my hall of shame

Glad you agree Gareth, he was **** poor I thought, very over officious and completely exacerbating things on the pitch.

Have we?? I know we have conceded three penalties so far this season that are very soft, i can't remember a time ever when ref's decisions have gone our way mate

Our pen last night was a cert. Last night you got more of the refs dubious decison in your favour in terms of free kicks near the penalty area. I don't think he was poor, just very average.

Our pen last night was a cert. Last night you got more of the refs dubious decison in your favour in terms of free kicks near the penalty area. I don't think he was poor, just very average.

We got the free kicks we deserved around the box, elsewhere there weren't alot of decisions going our way. What was the penalty for? I'll admit it was hard to see from the other end but did you deserved.

Still the thing bugging me the most is the fact that we weren't given the chance to miss our penalty at the end

Back