• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Question Leicester away

seany t

President
Anyone been up there before or thinking about going?

Fares from London St Pancras (ooh, nice shiny new station!) seem to be around the £23 mark so not too bad. Is the ground far from the train station and worth a visit? Quite fancy making the trip...

i went to uni in leicester, it's worth the trip if you haven't done it before... it's a typical 30k identi-kit stadium and the leicester fans aren't the loudest. the ground is about a 15-20min walk from the station and there are a good selection of pubs near the station (a few around the ground but not really recommended, i dunno which one is away fan friendly). If you want directions let me know but http://dspace.dial.pipex.com/town/park/yfh45/leicester_city.htm explains it well

I went in the championship season, its one of the most spirit-crushing grounds i've been to!

Agreed, worst sort of new stadium with seats too far from the pitch and the fans depressingly quiet. Drove all the way down to that match, watched us take a creditable 1-1 with Gower scoring a good goal from a sublime flick-on from Harrold, then drove all the way back - got a mention on 6-0-6 for the length of the round trip, and was immediately phoned by my brother who said "That's so stupid it had to be you..." :tumbleweed:

Agreed, worst sort of new stadium with seats too far from the pitch and the fans depressingly quiet. Drove all the way down to that match, watched us take a creditable 1-1 with Gower scoring a good goal from a sublime flick-on from Harrold, then drove all the way back - got a mention on 6-0-6 for the length of the round trip, and was immediately phoned by my brother who said "That's so stupid it had to be you..." :tumbleweed:

That was Coventry.
We got thumped by a couple of goals at Leicester didn't we?

That was Coventry.
We got thumped by a couple of goals at Leicester didn't we?

You are right except that we lost 1-0 at Leicester, they scored with there only chance and Guttridge missed our only decent chance and that was about it.

Total over stewarding/policing crushed any chance of an atmosphere.

You are right except that we lost 1-0 at Leicester, they scored with there only chance and Guttridge missed our only decent chance and that was about it.

Total over stewarding/policing crushed any chance of an atmosphere.

All I remember about that day was 2 of the guys from Kasabian were on Soccer AM and they gave it the usual Billy Big Bolleaux attitude that clubs like Leicester City were too big to be in the same league as "little Southend" - TWUNTS!!!!

All I remember about that day was 2 of the guys from Kasabian were on Soccer AM and they gave it the usual Billy Big Bolleaux attitude that clubs like Leicester City were too big to be in the same league as "little Southend" - TWUNTS!!!!

I really really want us to give them a good kicking this time, been listening to the for the last 10 years!!! :D

What has been said about the fans and the stadium is exactly correct. It is spirit crushing. the home fans will sit in total silence for the majority of the game......

It was Saturday 26th August 2006 - I should remember as it was my wedding day. Dad and I were gutted to miss out on a visit to another new ground that needed adding to the list! Anyway, will be there on Sat 6th Dec.

It was Saturday 26th August 2006 - I should remember as it was my wedding day. Dad and I were gutted to miss out on a visit to another new ground that needed adding to the list! Anyway, will be there on Sat 6th Dec.

I missed this one too as my missus had bought us tickets for Reading Festival that weekend. Since then I've spent quite a few nights in the Holiday Inn Express where you're about 25yds from the turnstiles.

I'll be there in December!

Got my train ticket booked and got my match ticket, i must say i am disgusted at the £21 for an o a p ticket surely the most expensive in league 1?

Was a good day out last time, fairly friendly club who gave Prior a warm reception. Plenty of stuff to do outside the ground if I remember rightly, some very nice pubs too :) Looking forward to this one again.

Agree on the dodgy seats being away from the pitch.

If anybody saw their FA cup highlights at the weekend its testament to how awful a large ground with too many spare seats can sound like. Although there was 7,600 there it had that horrible hollow echo sound when the players kicked the ball and you could als hear what they were all saying with no crowd noise at all. Leeds was exactly the same for their tie with Northampton. If you compare that to a tight little sadium with low roofs with half as many people but generating ten times more noise like at Telford.

If anybody saw their FA cup highlights at the weekend its testament to how awful a large ground with too many spare seats can sound like. Although there was 7,600 there it had that horrible hollow echo sound when the players kicked the ball and you could als hear what they were all saying with no crowd noise at all. Leeds was exactly the same for their tie with Northampton. If you compare that to a tight little sadium with low roofs with half as many people but generating ten times more noise like at Telford.

The Walkers is like that when its full though!

Back